Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RHT holster play?

Wesquire

On 9/13/2017 at 10:45 PM, 1911builder said:

why does everyone love the RHT stuff, Ive had 2 items from him that were total crap. 

I am with you on that one! I ordered a holster and mag pouches from RHT and thought to my self( "WHAT THE" a 10 year old made this stuff).  His products  do not look like the ones on the web site when you get them  and you can tell he's in a hurry when he makes  things........ Clean edges, nice uniformed cures, and a good fit go a long ways. But apparently not in his shop. Just sayin!!

On 11/19/2017 at 6:42 PM, HI5-O said:

So the 1/8” gap is at the bottom of the holster? Or where the bottom screw is at?

Never mind, I’ll just run both screws loose so I can draw the gun without binding. The play is the same even when tightening the bottom screw but it really binds on the gun during the draw. 

• 1 month later...

I landed full body weight from a dead sprint onto an RHT holster. I had to punch the impacted dirt and gravel out with a metal stake. Scratches and character marks aside, the holster still works great. Your single layer kydex holster would have folded in half and you'd be buying a new one.

Had two.

One used, one new.

Got a local guy to make one. It's far better in every way and exhibits pride of workmanship, and I know if I have a problem, I won't be blamed for it and get three word cryptic emails that are carefully designed to not take responsibility for poor workmanship.

Edited by NoKimberDave
Spelling