Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20 Shot Revolver

Loves2Shoot

this is the backup version of the big gun...got it back in the '60's, while I has in High School, I brought it to shop class and was about about to drop it into a block of clear plastic and make a paperweight for my dad. My shop teacher stopped me and said to hold onto it and someday it would worth big bucks. I did shoot the half of box of ammo that I got with the gun, stupid that I was back then...and now do I bid on this thing just so I can have the 'set'?

Now if I could just find that block of plastic....

michaels

post-2600-1119991977_thumb.jpg

this is the backup version of the big gun...got it back in the '60's, while I has in High School, I brought it to shop class and was about about to drop it into a block of clear plastic...

michaels

Can't get passed the fact that this country was so cool at one time that a responsible teen could bring a handgun to class and it wasn't on six different cable channels as "Terrorism in the Classroom!"

...note to self - slap a hippie from the 60's for destroying this country......

just a cool shop teacher...he let us make cannons in class and then fire them off after school, even grading us on the performance aspect of the cannon...

Saw a picture of him where he had 'modified' a bolt action 22 rifle by putting a bunch of holes in the barrel and then covering them up with a VW tail pipe.

Still because of him, I've got the vdog in my gun safe, not surrounded by plastic, if only he'd told me not fire off the half box of ammo for it...

yup, those were the days, gas was around 25 cents a gallon, and they gave you silverware if you filled it up....

michaels

I actually built a blackpowder pistol from a CVA kit as a shop class project in 10th Grade (that would have been around 1980-81). The gun is laying right here on the shelf next to my computer, in fact!

Back in sixth grade, the whole school held an assembly to watch Mr. Fischer give a demonstration of firing several blackpowder firearms into the big tree out by the ballfield. Another sixth grade teacher (it was a middle school), Mr. Crumrine, took several of us out to his farm to check out his guns, one of which I remember was a .22-250 rifle.

When my dad was in grade school in the '50s, he carried his Winchester M-75 .22 target rifle in its case to school once a week, where it leaned in the corner of the cloak closet until school was out, then he walked half a mile through town to the YMCA to shoot NRA 50-ft. junior league on the basement range, then he walked home afterward.

All of this happened in Ashland County, Ohio (just an hour south of Cleveland). In a time that now seems all too far away.....

Mike

ok, since the thread drift is way out there, here's the last one from me...all I know is it's called the 'Love Gun' - I don't know anymore about it than that....it may be a 20+ rounder...

michaels

post-2600-1120034749_thumb.jpg

I've mentioned it before, but since we're on the topic, back about 82 I took two AR's to school for a project on Viet Nam. No one had seen an "M-16" and I had a couple of AR's and volunteered.

No muss, no SWAT team. Just brought them in field stripped, put them together in the principles office and went to class. When we were done we took them back to the principle.