Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon prices

55 minutes ago, Sarge said:

True. Pretty sure Dillon requires set pricing. One of the biggest rip off gun stores around here sells Dillon stuff at the same exact price as Dillon does. 

They do set the pricing.  They also will no longer give dealership licenses to anyone who does not have a brick store front and buy in is a minimum order of 5 grand.

If you have a dealer near you I would stop in and see if they might offer you a cash discount. You might get 3-5% which doesn't seem like much until you are looking at an $1,800 1050 in which case you might get close to a hundred off. I did this with a local to me dealer when I bought my 650 and add-ons. Saved me at least $50 plus whatever shipping would have cost me.

1 hour ago, mikeinctown said:

If you have a dealer near you I would stop in and see if they might offer you a cash discount. You might get 3-5% which doesn't seem like much until you are looking at an $1,800 1050 in which case you might get close to a hundred off. I did this with a local to me dealer when I bought my 650 and add-ons. Saved me at least $50 plus whatever shipping would have cost me.

I've had dealers agree to this, it saves them the credit card processing fees, though I haven't gotten as much as 5%.  Like mikeinctown said, even a few points matters on big purchases.

Thanks for the info, as far as dealers go I think that is a no go any where near us. What I see looking on the interweb it looks like going with dillon direct is most likely the easy way.

Im purchasing a Dillon 650 and some other accessories through Kimball @ Bobcat Armament / Bobcat Steel. Saw a few guys recommend him on this forum. Seems like a great guy thus far. He was very friendly and prompt with his responses, put together a quote without trying to up-sell me on anything, and the price came out a little bit cheaper than directly through Dillon.

I have yet to receive the press yet... according to him, his order should arrive next week, and I should get it a few days after that, so I will report back with that. Ordering through Dillon may be a bit faster, but I opted to go through him due to his customer service.

On 8/13/2017 at 3:47 PM, warpspeed said:

Bobcat Armament / Bobcat Steel   ; https://www.facebook.com/BobcatArmament/

IMHO,  Kimball Bowden is the new Brian Enos of Dillon Dealers. Call - easy to talk to, no pressure, etc.

+1 from me for Bobcat Armament, treated me well and saved a few $$ over going direct, when I priced out stuff via Krackenpop I ended up higher then Dillon actual 

MfYhhONl.jpg

1 minute ago, Wolfmetalfab said:

+1 from me for Bobcat Armament, treated me well and saved a few $$ over going direct, when I priced out stuff via Krackenpop I ended up higher then Dillon actual 

MfYhhONl.jpg

Nice! I'm excited for my order to arrive from him. There's been some delays due to Hurricane Harvey and Labor day though.