Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Reloading Poll

650 reloading poll  

120 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you that have a 650, how many rounds do you load in one setting

• Less than 100
    • 100 to 300
    • 300 to 500
    • Over 500
    • Over 1000

I use that 650 to load one ammo only - my wife's match rounds.  I get hell if they don't work 100%, so it gets its separate press.  :) Since it is just for matches, I load 200 in one setting, and not very frequently.  My right shoulder dislikes the 650.   The 1050's are much better in that regard.

I dedicate a day every so many months and just pump out proven loads.  I can easily get 3000 done in a full day, 12+ hours.  I do the same for casting, although I lube them on random weeknights.  I find I'm more productive when I just pound them out.

I dedicate a day every so many months and just pump out proven loads.  I can easily get 3000 done in a full day, 12+ hours.  I do the same for casting, although I lube them on random weeknights.  I find I'm more productive when I just pound them out.

You can easily get 10.000 rounds done in one day, 800-1000/h. Your arm/shoulder might not be happy about it though.

13 hours ago, tedahlenius85 said:

You can easily get 10.000 rounds done in one day, 800-1000/h. Your arm/shoulder might not be happy about it though.

I'm sure I could do more but I am not the best "production worker" and probably measure everything way more times than I need to.

OP, it would be interesting to see another variable/element added to this (or a future poll) which shows, rounds loader per session (on a 650) and if a case feeder was installed.

I used to load 100-300 during a session, when I was  manually loading cases in the tube.  Once I installed a case feeder, my sessions now start at 300 (rather than end there) and  go up.

I think there was only one time that I loaded more than 1,000 in a night.  It was more to see if I could.  I will typically go on reloading binges and then let the press sit for a while.  So, I'll get a batch of 6-8,000 bullets shipped and then load them all over the course of a few weeks.  Granted, we're talking 9mm, not rifle rounds here.  I quite enjoy turning on some tunes, drinking some beers (scolding will be ignored), and grooving out on the press.