Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else having problems with their Rudy Project lenses cracking on the bridge. I can't seem to go 6 months without a crack developing on the lenses. And it is only on the racing red lenses. My clears are the original ones and they are fine. I am on my third set of the racing reds and I just noticed the otherday they are cracked again. Glasses are only 1-2 years old. I am not complaining about the product or anything like that. They have sent me new ones every time(minus the 15$ cost), I have sent them in. I am just curious if I am the only person having this problem.

Tom Mainus

My Rudy's are 3 years old and the racing red lenses are still in perfect shape with not a scratch or crack. I'm on my 3rd set of dark lenses however cause I have a bad habit of putting them up on my ballcap and then running into low objects.

I only use the red for shooting and sporting clays.

I use the dark lenses for everything else including boating and golf.

Not any beer with shooting.

Beer with most everything else.

I think it may have something to do with the beer. :rolleyes::D:P

So Rudy needs to put a warning on the label that beer damages their glasses! :lol::D

Mine are a bit over 2 years old and going strong. I have one minor scratch on the red lenses from a crash and burn in the gravel during practice one day but other than that they are in perfect condition.

I wonder if you have a flaw in your frame that is putting abnormal stress on the lenses?

Kerosenes about 3 years and Rydons about 2, all lenses still in good shape. But I'm waiting for the day that the anchor points in the kerosene lenses will finally snap off since I keep changing lense color more than I should. A bud already managed to break his off.

Rydons for about 1 year. No damage so far, but I did scratch my clear lense in a way that confused me for a while. I couldnt tell how I managed it, until I noticed the putting my nose to the charging handle puts my glasses in contact with it as well. Oops.