Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 safety on Tactical Sport

muncie21

I saw a question asking about the preferred method for refinishing fitted parts. Just curious what you guys are doing? Also when installing the new safety any tools required or just pull apart? Sorry for the newb questions just new to the whole heavy gun shade tree gunsmithing deal[emoji846] Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, stuey93 said:

I saw a question asking about the preferred method for refinishing fitted parts. Just curious what you guys are doing? Also when installing the new safety any tools required or just pull apart? Sorry for the newb questions just new to the whole heavy gun shade tree gunsmithing dealemoji846.png Thanks

Tools required will depend on your dexterity and patience. 

I prefer to remove the main spring when replacing the safety, is it takes pressure off the hammer when you're trying to reinstall the sear cage, not lose the little springs in the cage and pull back the safety detent all at the same time.  To do this you'll need to remove the grips (screwdriver or allen) mainspring plug (punch) and small screwdriver or dental pick to pull back the spring loaded safety detent on the left side.

Having said that, removing the main spring isn't required, just makes it easier for me as it's a 5-min job to get the main spring out.

In my experience the S2 safety from CZ drops in with no fitting required.  The CZC safety may require some fitting of the engagement area.

Edited by muncie21

Tools required will depend on your dexterity and patience. 

I prefer to remove the main spring when replacing the safety, is it takes pressure off the hammer when you're trying to reinstall the sear cage, not lose the little springs in the cage and pull back the safety detent all at the same time.  To do this you'll need to remove the grips (screwdriver or allen) mainspring plug (punch) and small screwdriver or dental pick to pull back the spring loaded safety detent on the left side.

Having said that, removing the main spring isn't required, just makes it easier for me as it's a 5-min job to get the main spring out.

In my experience the S2 safety from CZ drops in with no fitting required.  The CZC safety may require some fitting of the engagement area.

Thank you!!

• 2 months later...

I put one on my Tactical Sport Blue and it went in without a problem.  I found it essential as the regular low shelf on the stock extended safeties interfere with my hands on both sides.  the Shadow 2 extended tab is in a much better position. 

• 9 months later...

Definitely no need to modify anything when adding a S2 safety to a TSO. For you guys wanting to add the S2 magazine release you can do it by sanding down the ts safety and then drill and tapping it for the magazine pad. I think in 6-12 months the new style specifically for the TSO May start to make its way around the US. I think there is an international seller who has it available tho.

40FC6670-0CFB-4B18-9011-310F54492784.jpeg