Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey from SC

mjkten

Just wanted to say hello.

I'm in Irmo SC and have limited competitive shooting experience.

I shot an IDPA classifier a number of weeks ago but work prevented me from attending any more matches.

I'm looking forward to improving my shooting and gun handling and think this is a great place to get the kind of info I need.

Mike.

I shot the classifier with a CZ75b, because that's what I had. I like the way it shoots, but trigger is very long with long reset.

Now I have tried enough different things to know that new equipment doesn't make me a better shooter, but I also don't need an excuse to buy another gun.

So I bought a S&W M&P 9 Pro. It has a crunchy trigger but manageable, and the reset is nice and short. And I like the fiber optic front sight.

I may send the CZ off for some trigger and action work. Cajun Gun Works may get some business.

1 hour ago, mjkten said:

Hey Irmo - Blythewood here.. I just fitted a Type 1 disco in my shadow and it makes a big difference. In hind sight I wish I had sent it off to cgw for the work.. maybe get a competition hammer as the same time.

lots of USPSA matches surrounding you -

In practicescore seach results for:
PALMETTO GUN CLUB - 1st saturday - Near Summerville SC
MCRC - 2nd Saturday - Gaston SC
SSS -- 2nd sunday - Lugoff SC
FMM USPSA - 3rd sunday - Clinton SC
E11even - 4th Saturday - Near Bethune SC

Matchs normally open for registration on Monday before the event and some fill fast.

For the trigger on the M&P you can hit up apex parts and they have some items to make it better.  They also sell barrels if you want one and the one not requiring a gun smith to install is actually pretty easy to do.  SSS and FMM USPSA both have facebook pages to keep an eye on when they announce matches to assist with signing up.

I decided to start in IDPA.  I'll have to check out USPSA sometime and see how it looks.  I imagine my gear will still work in production class if it's SSP legal. 

Appreciate the info,  thanks! 

The scoring in IDPA is so ridiculous now I don't think it'll be easy to shoot both as it used to be. You can't afford to drop a single point.

That plan in USPSA would not be wise.