Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire 24C locked up

Installed the new 24C in my GUN POINT - 9MM BILLET M9 lower receiver. Everything works fine with the middle spring. Wanted to try it with the lighter breaking springs (which appear to be heavier silver springs) and the trigger just locks up. Took awhile to figure out how to get it apart to put the middle springs back in. By gently forcing the hammer forward while pulling the trigger, it would release, but not on it's own. Put the middle springs back in and it all works fine. I made sure I had the two little spring support rods facing correctly, so that's not it. Anyone have any ideas what's up? What I did wrong? I know I can call customer support if I have time tomorrow when I get home from work, just thought someone else might have ran into this.

basic milspec safety. Wouldn't know what to take a picture of its so crowded in there. LOL All pieces were seated properly and the rods were sliding through the retainer pin as they should.

Edited by Gary H.

thanks, I'll do a reinstall and take pictures prior to trying to reach their service. I've already tried reinstalling them about 4 times. The silver springs work like a champ. Its just the other ones seem like they create too much resistance, or are torquing the hammer in such a way to not let it release.

I'll let every know what's up.

I had what sounds like the same problem with a lower that I installed a 24C in years back. The disconnector would not release the hammer due to the trigger pin hole spacing in the lower being out of spec. Solved the problem by taking several thousandths of an inch off the mating surface of the disconnector on my surface grinder.

Using gauge pins and measuring the hole spacing revealed my problem. The trigger has worked like a champ ever since.

18 hours ago, Gary H. said:

Installed the new 24C in my GUN POINT - 9MM BILLET M9 lower receiver. Everything works fine with the middle spring. Wanted to try it with the lighter breaking springs (which appear to be heavier silver springs) and the trigger just locks up. Took awhile to figure out how to get it apart to put the middle springs back in. By gently forcing the hammer forward while pulling the trigger, it would release, but not on it's own. Put the middle springs back in and it all works fine. I made sure I had the two little spring support rods facing correctly, so that's not it. Anyone have any ideas what's up? What I did wrong? I know I can call customer support if I have time tomorrow when I get home from work, just thought someone else might have ran into this.

Gary send an email to sales@hiperfire.com and we will get you squared away asap.

thanks ddfelix! I did send you an email with a couple pictures. I did figure out my problem and it was not the companies fault. It was either in shipping or it was me during installation (which while I suppose is a possibility, I don't believe I was the cause of it.

20170705_153307.jpg

20170705_153327.jpg

It looks like one arm of the hammer spring is under the trigger pin. They should both be ontop of the trigger pin. That could cause the issues you are having.

oh and the spring is on the hammer wrong****

Edited by MHitchcock
32 minutes ago, MHitchcock said:

If i recall, the hammer spring comes installed slightly differently, just have to make sure it looks like the picture before you install it. 

Here you go, not sure how his was installed but here is a picture anyways.

SAM_0962TL.jpg