Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accidentally pressing mag button

Just4FunLP

I think I'm accidentally pressing my mag release button when running stages in a match.  I'm running an Accu Shadow from CZ custom.  It doesn't really happen any other time, so I think it may be adrenalin.  This weekend it happened again, and in the video I could hear my mag go in pretty solid and it came out after two rounds.  Another guy I shoot with says he had to change to a stock button in his Accu.  Anyone else have this issue?  

https://goo.gl/photos/JdemT1RtohhENAYNA

Hello Just4FunLP.

I have had this issue, both in a SP01 Shadow and in a Czechmate. I'm left handed so sometimes my middle finger would hit the mag release during recoil.

In the case of the Shadow, I remedied the problem by empirically replacing the mag release spring and changing out the grips for fatter ones.

For the CzechMate, I filed down the mag release, molded 2 mm of epoxy behind the trigger guard, and use epoxy molded grips to fit my hands better. Problem solved. 

Edited by Lior

Thanks for the reply Lior.

This morning while doing dry fire I tried to make my mag eject by pressing really hard with my weak hand, and really couldn't make it happen.  The only way i could get it to do it was to hit it with my first thumb joint.  I'll try some more experiments.  Maybe I'm hitting it with my middle finger as well.  Didn't think of that...

Try and see if the screw inside the frame that holds the Mag release is loose. I had this happen when I first got my SP-01 Shadow and once I retighten the screw it never happened again.It is the screw that holds the Mag release and siprng for trigger bar.

Edited by foderaman