Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do I pin the grip safety on my Trojan?

igolfat8

Does anyone have any tips on how to disable or pin the grip safety on my Trojan? I have another pistol that the grip safety is pinned or held into position, defeating it and I find I like that pistol better than my Trojan.

If you want to disable it permanently, you might as well just grind it off. 

image_5.jpg

There was a LOT more grinding done there than you need to, I was trying to shed weight. 

image_4.jpg

Of course if you ever want to switch back you might want set the stock part aside, get another one and grind on that one. It won't be blended and match as well as your stock one, but for a match gun it's not a beauty contest. 

Edited by cas

All you need to do is grind off the arm, you don't need to remove all the other material on the side opposite the arm.  The wedge or tape method mach1 mentioned works if the feel of the grip safety moving bugs you, otherwise just removing the arm is all you have to do in order to disable it.

Cut the ear off of a shock buff and wedge it on the right side of the grip safety / mainspring housing. If you ever want the grip safety operational you just pull it out. This is the only thing shock buffs are good for.

Rich

7 hours ago, RIIID said:

Cut the ear off of a shock buff and wedge it on the right side of the grip safety / mainspring housing. If you ever want the grip safety operational you just pull it out. This is the only thing shock buffs are good for.

Rich

If you have a high grip and/or big hands that method can hurt you. 

I learned that the hard when when mid match my gun wouldn't fire.  

On February 6, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Vizorn said:

Thanks for that link. lots of good ideas. Does anyone have a close up picture of the metal pin job in the main spring housing to grip safety? I watched the atlas video but can't see a close up view.

if you have the stock plastic MSH you can do the pin job easy without a drill press. if you've swapped to a steel MSH I suggest it's better done with a drill press.

you just need a short pin. bobby keigans has a vid on YouTube showing it up close. I would cut the leg off AND pin it.