Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A buddy's Lim Pro has hammer falling early in DA - help

ArrDave

Topic is just as title states.  he hasn't done any reduced power plunger spring or anything like that, he's just done springs, ext FP, BOLO, Sear and I think he's still using the delta hammer.  On a CZ it's a trigger bar spring adjustment that's needed, but that doesn't appear to be what's needed... 

Can you throw some ideas at me?  I'll point him at this topic and get him engaged as well as we try to trouble shoot it.  He's having an awful time setting off anything in DA.  

53 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

Have him put the original disconnector in to see if that's the issue. 

This.

The BOLO doesn't push the hammer back quite as far as the original disconnector, but it's supposed to be pretty close.

Might need to fit it as shown in the BOLO instructions that @PatriotDefense posted. The BOLO is not usually something you can install with a Delta hammer without requiring fitting.

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

This.

The BOLO doesn't push the hammer back quite as far as the original disconnector, but it's supposed to be pretty close.

Might need to fit it as shown in the BOLO instructions that @PatriotDefense posted. The BOLO is not usually something you can install with a Delta hammer without requiring fitting.

MM is correct, a BOLO will require some fitting to function properly with a delta. Without knowing what exactly has been done or installed it's hard to throw any remedies out. 

What hammer spring? 

Did he "fit" the bolo? or drop in?  If fit, what did he do?  If he "rounded" the corner of the wing... it will fall early.

What is he running for trigger pull weight?  and what primers ?  factory ammo or reloads? 

Sounds like the gunsmith who he got to install it did in fact fit it and was worried he "over fit" it... that's probably the issue

It's reloads he is having issue with, and it's only Feds he uses seated so the slightly are deformed on a 1050.

I think he is using the 13 or 14# PD spring. Zero problems in SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ArrDave said:

Sounds like the gunsmith who he got to install it did in fact fit it and was worried he "over fit" it... that's probably the issue

It's reloads he is having issue with, and it's only Feds he uses seated so the slightly are deformed on a 1050.

I think he is using the 13 or 14# PD spring. Zero problems in SA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he blew through the wing on the BOLO, he shouldn't have a problem popping Feds with those spring weights.....

I agree. His "smith" messed probably  it up.

For reference, I've used the pd10 spring and got 3 1/2 pound da WITH 100% da reliability using federal  match primers. But i couldn't handle the sub 1 sa.

9 hours ago, johnbu said:

I agree. His "smith" messed probably  it up.

For reference, I've used the pd10 spring and got 3 1/2 pound da WITH 100% da reliability using federal  match primers. But i couldn't handle the sub 1 sa.

If only I could get my hands on a truckload of fed SPPs...