Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which SIRT more like a CZ?

gator098

I am thinking of getting the LASR app and a SIRT pistol for dry fire practice but I don't shoot Glock or M&P. I would rather have the resetting trigger feature more than using my pistol with a barrel laser that I have to charge the action every shot. So my question is, between the Glock and M&P, does anyone know which of the two more closely resembles the grip angle and feel of the CZs? 

Thanks for your time

i bought an early sirt pistol when there was only the glock like one. If you really want the sirt because of the resetting trigger i think you'll be bored of it soon.

1. you'll learn to ride the reset pretty quickly. there are other things higher up on the importance list to be practicing, and reset will be a part of those things, not something unto just itself.

2. you'll probably get to a point where just learning stuff with the sirt versus training with your actual pistol makes a difference. the sirt is awesome for just learning gun stuff. but your own pistol is where you'll get good with it. the sirt is a good analog for any gun, not your specific gun.

i have a sirt and at the time it was awesome. now it just sits unless i need to teach somebody something with it and/or i need an inert gun.

We use the Laser-Ammo SureStrike barrel insert. By the same folks who publish LASR and Smokeless Range simulators... for the most part, the laser insert works really well in most DA/SA pistols like a CZ. I also use it with a 1911 and 12g shotgun.

• 3 years later...

Is the rubberband simply pinning the hammer back, not actually returning it after each trigger pull?

I've done this just to keep the hammer back and simulate a trigger pull. I don't anymore. I just keep the trigger from resetting with subsequent pulls after the DA. This has actually cured me of slapping the trigger and trained me to ride the reset in SA.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk