Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open Question

This will be your first outta state match and the hardest match you will shoot for a while also.  If you do well at the Open, any other match will seem fairly easy to you.  It's a tuff match to plan for just shoot partials at 25 plus and partial swings. Good luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my second Florida Open and I expect it to be a fun and VERY aggravating match.   Go the day prior and check out the stages.  If you're shooting the half day format get show up a few hours early on top of the day prior to watch people shoot.  That way you can see exactly how hard some of these targets are.  Have fun and don't let any minor hiccups get you because everyone has them at this match.  

Florida Open will be my first major match and I have a simple question. What is the best time to get there the day before to preview the stages? I know people will be shooting the day before (Thursday) so whats the best procedure to walk the stages and not disrupt the other competitors? Thanks.

Always ask the RO's on the stage, only if no one is shooting or getting ready to shoot of course.  Asking is always the best policy, and never mess with the props or targets.  Good luck and enjoy yourself. I pick up more by watching shooters shoot a stage  before I walk the stage, most of the time anyway. Cheers