Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-gun red dot rifle mount to scope

shooterx10

I visited my local gunshop, found to pieces of flat weaver rail about two inches long, glued and screwed 'em together, added my favorite el cheapo rings, and had a workable version of what you are seeking.  Total cost was about $15.  The only downside was that I get a bit higher mounting than you would with Gramm's setup.  The upside is that you can mix and match rings to get the combination you want.

There was a company in the last few SGN who had a neat two-part ring that had (with generic orientation, of course) the screws that held the halves together at 12 and 6 o'clock, and had integeral machined "Weaver" rails at 3 and 9 o'clock.  They were pretty cheap, IRC.  I'll see if I can remember to dig out the name and address of the company when I get back to Stately Wakal Manor this evening.

Alex

The Grams Engineering solution looks good to me.  Berquist offers a piggy-back setup where the scope rings have Weaver bases machined into the top of them. I tried this and found the dot too high and the scope too low for my face.  JP offers a mount for the old Optima or new JP "Firesight"that fits on the scope tube and with just a little lift gives you a sight picture.  I might try this next.  All of these "2" sight systems seem to be compromises.

I've posted this before. I mounted a piece of weaver rail to my free floated handguard at about 2 o'clock and attached my dot sight to it. Just cant the gun about 35 degrees and shoot the dot. If you want to try it before drilling and tapping, take some 2" radiator clamps and attach the rail. It's very fast and mounts the dot as low to the bore as your scope. I use the dot under 100 and scope for everything else.

DPMS tri-mount with C-more on top rail, 3x9 with extra-high mounts on the right rail.  Same principle as dot on hand guard.  Most of the targets are up close because of range restrictions, therefore C-more is primary sight and canting the rifle seems to steady my hold when the 3x9 is needed for the longer shots.