Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stuck Trigger? How?

MissionaryMike

Something weird just happened.  I'm starting a thread about it for future reference.  Might be a simple fix.  At least I hope it is.

So, I'm dry firing my newly worked over Stock 2, b/c I can't stop fondling it, and the trigger didn't reset in SA.  As I released my finger, the trigger remained stuck on the back wall.  Anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 hour ago, MissionaryMike said:

Something weird just happened.  I'm starting a thread about it for future reference.  Might be a simple fix.  At least I hope it is.

So, I'm dry firing my newly worked over Stock 2, b/c I can't stop fondling it, and the trigger didn't reset in SA.  As I released my finger, the trigger remained stuck on the back wall.  Anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance for your help!

is this issue repeatable? Was it literally stuck and you had to do some prying to get it to release? 

Thanks for responding, guys.  I think it very well might be the TRS.  I put some kind of pressure on it trying to install it the first time.  I might have deformed it maybe?  I will go ahead and double check all the things Tony mentioned, too, though.

It's not repeatable, as in it doesn't happen every single time.  But it has happened twice now.  I'm going to pay attention to my family for a bit for now :)

I'll take a look see later this evening and update.

You might have also installed it backwards. The long leg goes against the frame. If you had to put a bunch of extra pressure to seat it, you might have been jamming the longer leg into the top of the trigger.  That might also be the reason for some of the non-repeatability... Not positive, just thinking out loud.

6 hours ago, ARy said:

I thought to take a picture yesterday, but totally forgot - if anyone has a bolo, you can use the pin as a slave pin for the trs.

Mike, if it ends up being the trs, text me and we'll work something out. 

Merry Christmas. 

Hey that's G14 classified info on using the BOLO pin as a slave pin.....

I use no slave pin. I use the method outlined in the video of the Australian guy tearing it down and reassembling on YouTube. Hold the trigger spring in place with needle nose pliers and run the pin through it.

Its cake with that badass Canik pin that all of you should be running. 

"Trigger wobble." :rolleyes:

Like you're going to notice that crap in the middle of an El Prez. Or even a 20yd plate rack. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I use no slave pin. I use the method outlined in the video of the Australian guy tearing it down and reassembling on YouTube. Hold the trigger spring in place with needle nose pliers and run the pin through it.

Its cake with that badass Canik pin that all of you should be running. 

"Trigger wobble." :rolleyes:

Like you're going to notice that crap in the middle of an El Prez. Or even a 20yd plate rack. ;) 

4 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

The canik makes it too easy, there is no challenge anymore. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the Canik pin, but I use the YouTube guy's method w/ the factory pin, striking in the pin w/ one hand while holding the spring in w/ pliers in the other.  It's not too bad.  It did end up being the TRS.  I thought I had deformed it, but looking it at it w/ the naked eye, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong w/ it.  Lucky for me, I bought a back up from PD, so I just installed that one and everything's golden.  I thought it was a more complicated issue, but it just ended up being the spring.  However, based on your guys' responses, it's good to learn what other things might have caused my trigger issue.

4 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Springs are wear items... Out brought rounds and dry fire enough... You'll need a replacement eventually.

Did you happen to take a pic of it before you pulled it so we could see what might be wrong?

No, I didn't think to take a picture.  I do know that springs wear, though.  

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

It's highly advised to change springs out every 5000 rounds, because they tend to fail at the worst possible times...... Merry Christmas guys!

I had approximately 0 live fire rounds on the part.  I'm pretty sure I was too committed in trying g to get the spring in and probably deformed it. 

2 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

No, I didn't think to take a picture.  I do know that springs wear, though.  

I had approximately 0 live fire rounds on the part.  I'm pretty sure I was too committed in trying g to get the spring in and probably deformed it. 

Just remember dry firing enduces spring fatigue on certain springs as well...... sounds like you think it happened during assembly though. 

Are you certain it was installed in the correct orientation?

A tip on reinstall of the trigger pin... Take the roll pin punch, start it though the frame and trigger assembly, needle nose pliers and run the pin punch though the spring. Then drive the pin through the frame from the other side. Easiest way to do it IMHO. 

That said... I run the canik pin on my guns. As much wiggle as it may or may not give, it still is worth it to me for ease of install

Edited by ryridesmotox

So....once a month? Lol.

6 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

It's highly advised to change springs out every 5000 rounds, because they tend to fail at the worst possible times...... Merry Christmas guys!

Seriously, the hold it with one hand and whack the pin method "draws a  negative pressure differential across rectum". It's  only redeeming aspect is it stimulates the economy, one spring at a time.

Get a  nail, cut it just shorter than the outside width of the trigger, keep one side flat, round the other. Use that as your slave pin to hold  the spring. It will make life much simpler.

On 12/25/2016 at 3:12 AM, MissionaryMike said:

I'm not sure about the Canik pin, but I use the YouTube guy's method w/ the factory pin, striking in the pin w/ one hand while holding the spring in w/ pliers in the other.  It's not too bad.  It did end up being the TRS.  I thought I had deformed it, but looking it at it w/ the naked eye, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong w/ it.  Lucky for me, I bought a back up from PD, so I just installed that one and everything's golden.  I thought it was a more complicated issue, but it just ended up being the spring.  However, based on your guys' responses, it's good to learn what other things might have caused my trigger issue.

3 hours ago, johnbu said:

Seriously, the hold it with one hand and whack the pin method "draws a  negative pressure differential across rectum". It's  only redeeming aspect is it stimulates the economy, one spring at a time.

I hold the spring in place with needle nose pliers and guide an Allen wrench through frame, trigger, and spring.

Then push it out the opposite direction with the factory roll pin, or in my case, the Canik pin that  Jesus himself spake unto me and told me I should be using.