Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightweight 18", 1x8 Twist, Threaded Muzzle Barrel

Yar1180

Who makes a lightweight 18", 1x8, threaded barrel. I checked all the usual suspects including JP. Well to be honest I checked their web sites and have not called any of them.

I found a guy to make me a custom barrel, but I'm curious if I overlooked anyone else?

Thanks

Wilson (not Wilson Combat) can probably make you one, Lothar Walther can make you one, and I'm sure most of the name-brand rifle barrel makers: Lilja, Hart, Hastings, Pac-Nor, Kreiger, Douglas, etc will too. It's just a question of how long it will take and cost.

JP should have what you're looking for in stock (or pretty close to being ready to ship), if you use any of the others, you'll probably have to wait for them to make it.

www.compasslake.com

Any barrel config you want. Talk to Bunny. I just ordered a 18", preban barrel .750 diameter all the way to front except for gas block lump.850 by 1/2". with a mid length gas tube, i.e. armalite. $320.00 deliver on a Douglas stainless blank. with 1/8 twist. Takes only three weeks, they offer a variety of blanks, Moly, Krieger etc. .085/6 gas port size.

Just send him your bolt and gas tube and Frank White will fix you up with one nicest barrels I've ever seen. The chambers are just beautiful. Lots on web page about how he makes his barrels.

He is making me a left-handed barrel right now. This is my third. He knows more about chamber reamers than anybody I've met.

Tell him want you want to shoot, super heavy long bullets. small light bullets general run of mill 55-70 grain is what I run. He has reamer for each.

Buy a $139.95 1-8 twist 410 stainless HBAR barrel from Sabre Defence and send it and a check for $75 to San Angelo.

I'm not good enough on a lathe for really pretty barrel work, but a very talented local machinist has been doing them for me for that kind of money. Oddly enough, he just finished one of those Sabre barrels this morning...turned down to .700 behind the gas block, left it .750 forward of the gas block, cut off at 18" and crowned at the popular 11 degrees, threaded 1/2-28.

CD Dunn is my hero ;)

Alex