Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conny Island Lives

The Texas state 3-gun just got done yesterday, and it was about the "funnest" match I have shot in a while. Everything moved, turned, bobed, weaved, and rode! yes rode! on a cart down a track ( start position was hands up, just like a roller coaster of course! ) The shirt said it all. It has a picture of a guy with 3 tickets in hand at an amusement park booth with a shotgun strapped to his back!! This match was billed as an amusement park shoot and it was. The atmosphere was great. The match staff second to none, and the stages so crafty that many extra rounds went down range. Only one stage of the 10 went long, and for this big a match that is phenominal! Great job to Alex, Kelly, Liota and crew! you guys are GREAT!

Kelly McCoy has really got the 3-gun scoring DOWN! and USPSA should take note. Major/minor in the same stage NO PROBLEM!!

Chet Polo may have a dvd of this match, I don't know for sure but it would be a GREAT dvd to get as you will never see this many moving targets in one small area anywhere else! If he does one I will be first in line to get one!

I am sure the results will be up on sanangelogunclub.com soon. KURTM

23.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

This is an amazing club. Bill Powe, Liota Wakal, Kathy Powe, Fred Hindman, Kelly McCoy, Cary Baker...all capable of MD'ing anywhere in the country. They make it look easy :)

Notice who floated to the top of Limited: http://sanangelogunclub.org/action_pistol/.../limoverall.htm

I suspect that Kurt has a string with shotshells linked on it like sausages...watching him reload a shotgun is kind of like watching David Copperfield and the Statue of Liberty slowclap.gif

Great match, guys. It was a lot of the fun and well worth the trip.

Not only the roller coaster stage as mentioned, but the stage with the bowling ball setting off what seemed like dozens of moving targets was guaranteed to confuse you after a long day on the range.

One great big "atta boy" for the San Angelo Club. That was the most fun (and sometimes frustrating) matchs I have been to. The frustrating part was self induced.

The roller coaster stage was absolutly the best!

Great match and great job!

Don

Great match, guys! I loved the roller coaster. This is a MUST SHOOT match.

And while Kurt's reloading was awesome as ever, I was really impressed with how fast our own Erik Lund could shoot his shotgun AND even hit stuff!

Yeah! I thought the roller coaster stage was cool - it took the resources of two clubs to put it together! (Did I mention I factored it in Open?) (THAT won't happen again soon!) :D