Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laser engraving on magazines

S391

A friend of mind just sent me a link from a holstermaker in the UP that is now offering laser engraving on magazines..... Seems like an interesting idea..... I use a Sharpie Paint Pen but I like the idea of not having to re-apply the numbers every couple of weeks.

FYI I am in no way involved with this, a part of the company or in any way affiliated with the group offering this service.... just passing it along.

http://adamsholsters.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=53&product_id=201

16 hours ago, Sarge said:

There is a guy local to me that does them as well. They are pretty much everywhere but the key is, will they do gun stuff.

Good find. These guys come in handy!

Sarge what's the name of your guy. Think your close to me

16 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

Laser etching, not engraving.  Once you hit it with a polishing wheel, it's gone.

It's not engraving for sure but they can adjust how deep the burn in. My comp is etched and I have sanded over it with 800 grit paper and it didn't hurt it any.

I bought a hand-held "vibro-engraver" to number my mags with and it lasts as long as you need it.  Can be used to mark other items too, such as putting your name or other info under the grip panels on a 1911 for identification in case of theft.

The "engraving" ain't pretty, but it is functional!

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550