Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 4 brightness

BASE772

Anyone have both the Romeo 1 and Romeo 4?  (Alma)  Looking at getting an MPX soon and I need a red dot for it. 

So my question is does the Romeo 4 have brighter settings than the Romeo 1?

Whats another good option.  I've got an Aimpoint M2 but it's kind of big. 

Thinking Romeo or maybe a Holosun. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry, just seeing this now. 

Maybe you wanted to compare the Romeo3 and the Romeo4? 

The Romeo1 is still only available on the RX. 

I have a 1, 3, and 4. The 3 is super bright and I will have to look and see how that compares to max brightness on the 4. When you compare the 1 and the 3, the 1 is daylight bright but max is maybe 7/10 for max brightness on the 3.

I don't think you would have any issues with the 3 or the 4. I have run both on my MPX and prefer the 3 since it leaves you with more visibility around the optic and the seemingly larger lens. 

2 hours ago, joerocket said:

I have the Romeo 5. It's bright and affordable. I don't know how it will hold up.

At least it has a decent warranty. So far reports I have seen have been good. 

I forgot to mention that the B and C models also have the circle dot option in case that makes a difference. I typically just run it in dot mode. I will try to compare these tonight to get you a firm answer. 

I have a the 4B on one of my AR-9 and a vortex spitfire on the other. The 4B is definitely my preferred optic I like it much more than the spitfire. It is considerably brighter. I do not think you will have any issues with the brightness. I really like the circle dot for matches with closer targets. If Im going for a little more precision it's nice to be able to turn off the bigger circle and use just the dot. I am a fan. 

esized_20161214_164834_2.jpeg