Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not so new, new guy

468shot

Hello,

Finally making a first post.  I joined a good while back when I was doing more shooting, but fell out of it for a while.  Looking to get back into pistol shooting and picking up a 2011 soon.  My primary experience is precision rifle, but enjoy all disciplines.   I'm a fourth generation rancher in SE New Mexico.  I hope to be more active on the forum and contribute when and where I can.

Where are you at in SE New Mexico?  Fort Bliss (El paso TX) is holding precision rifle matches, I think on first Saturday.  There are quite a few places you can shoot USPSA and steel challenge in the southern New Mexico area.  Las Cruces has USPSA first Saturday, Fort Bliss shoots second Saturday.  Las Cruces has steel challenge third Saturday.  I think Clovis also shoots third Saturday.  Carlsbad shoots fourth Saturday.  La Luz shoots fourth Sunday.  And a shooter in Jal has built a range and is planning on shooting steel challenge and maybe USPSA as well.  If you need any contacts let me know.

Thanks Reshoot.  Hats off to Veterans!

GetAway,

I'm in the middle of nowhere...  Roughly between Roswell and Mayhill.  

Thank you for the information, I didn't know there were that many shoots in the area.  I have a lot of rust to knock off before I'll be ready to go embarrass myself at a match.  Hopefully I can find the time next year.  I will give you a shout when I get a little closer to being ready to hit the road.  I appreciate the help.

Edited by 468shot
Can't spell...

Thanks Hi-Power.  I guess I'll just make a lot of other shooters look really good then :D

GetAway,

Everything is a bit of a drive from where I live, but that's not really a bad thing.  See you soon, just look for the new guy that can't hit anything and ask if his screen-name is 468shot.