Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Mags- different guts and pads- whose done what?

ScottieShootz

Last night I decided to play around with my MBX 40sw 141mm mag.  I have an extra body laying around and was curious about trying STI body base pads and different guts in them.   
I've searched and not found anyone's info about running other guts/pads. Just an old post about Taran giving people guts to fix their mbx problems. 

MBX with mbx basepad and guts - 21 rounds not reloadable, 20 reloadable
with grams guts 11coil spring and trimmed slide lock and TTI basepad - 20 rounds reloadable ish.  It has half a round of movement but I'd rather run 19 knowing it locks easily.  No way to fit 21.
with STI guts 11coil spring and trimmed slide lock and TTI basepad - 19 rounds
anyone have TTI guts in theirs and can report?

The TTI basepad seems to have a decent amount of forward tilt though when mounted, not sure what causes this to happen. 
Dawson pads wont fit unless you trim some of the forward section of the wing that grabs on to the basepads.  The wings on MBX bodies cover more of the body than STI. 
With the TTI basepad on MBX compared in height to the STI with Dawson pads are noticeably shorter in height. 

Compared to my usual - STI Body with TTI basepad with grams guts 11coil spring and trimmed slide lock- 20 rounds reloadable ish- just like the MBX body.  No way to fit 21. 

Also, if someone wants to trade a new 40sw MBX body for 38/9 MBX body I will. It's just laying around here and I'm shooting open now. 

TTI 13-coil springs and TTI follower will not work in my 40sw 170 MBX mags, but work perfectly in my 1st gen Infinity tubes.  Since you have an extra tube, why not just get MBX guts and pad for it?  In MBX 140s I get 20 reloadable in all of them, with enough room to put 21 in.  So with 20 they are very easily reloadable.

Any idea what the issue is on the TTI guts in the tubes?  I know a few people are running them so I'm curious about it  

Mbx Tube I have is 40sw. I'm need more mags in 38sc for open. :) hence why I'm willing to trade as I've had the tube and can't exactly return it. 

Edited by ScottieShootz

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 4:36 PM, zzt said:

The TTI follower did not feed correctly in the MBX mag.  It has a different tilt than the MBX follower, so that might be why.  I tried it on a lark, just to see what would happen.

In 9mm?  Mine drop a bullet below the follower in all of my 170's.  Would like to try something else.