Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Tampa, FL

ErikV

Look to do the Intro to Action shooting class over at Wyoming Antelope Club in Clearwater. They have a great action shooing program and this class is a great way to get started without having to jump into a regular match. It's some classroom time where they go over the Rules, different divisions, and how things flow during a match. Then you go out and shoot two stages. 

http://www.wyomingantelopeclub.org  Is the club site. The next Class is Nov 12th at 9am. 

Welcome Erik.  I'll second taking the intro class at the WAC, lot's of great info there. I shoot at the WAC a lot, just about every Tuesday and Friday night and the weekend matches when they have them, great group of people.  I would also suggest not buying anything, new gun, holster, mag pouches, belt, etc... right now.  Chances are what you think is great gear or a great price really isn't.  I know that's how it was for me.  Start by taking the class and using what you have.  People that have been doing it for a while will help you out with what gear is decent and the best places to get it.

I have signed up for the class at the Antelope Club.  Thanks Mikeski and Focker.  I found out that the gun I wanted to use is not legal in production due to a ported barrel.  I have a SW MP .40 CORE Performance center ported.

Your gun is fine for the class and you have options after that.  You could just shoot open with what you have to get started or put a regular barrel in and shoot limited or L10.  They will have some examples of different guns from different classes to show you in the class in the 12th.  If you do decide that you want something different there's always guys out there who have something for sale. I know for sure that there are a couple of guys with some great production set ups for sale right now.  The most important things at the beginning, by far are to be safe and have fun!

• 2 weeks later...