Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

break in period on 2011

jimbullet

Got a new DVC Limited. Someone told me that the gun has a break in period of 1k rounds. During the first 1k rounds, would it be recommended that I shoot major powerfactor or would it be recommended to tone down the load a bit? My loads are at a 180 PF on 40 cal 180gr.

great article thanks - I should have thought of looking there...

It says dont change parts but the STI recoil springs are heavy and I am very much tempted to change them to what I have used in the past which is a 12 lb.

I also like the nitro fin which replaces the slide stop. Shouldnt be an issue during the "break in" process I suppose?

I'd recommend waiting before you change the recoil spring, I just went through breaking in a new Trubor, the slide fit was very tight, so tight that initially it would only fire 20 rounds or so until the gun heated up and the slide wouldn't go through a complete cycle and stopped halfway back to battery. Cool down for 30 seconds and it worked fine. Did this a number of times. I think changing to a lighter spring would extend this part of the break in period. The TB came with a 8# spring and a few thousand rounds later is working perfectly. Good luck.