Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blackberry Cobbler

old shooter

Here in Central Texas, we are about a week or 2 past the prime berry pickin', but never the less, I was out picking the last of them yesterday afternoon. I made a blackberry cobbler, and after putting a few scoops of vanilla (blue bell of course) on top, ate until I could hardly move. Life is great......

Mike

sidenote: Picking berries is pretty close to picking up brass, a thought that went through my head all the while I was picking, instead of practicing.....

We had lots of blackberry bushes when I was a kid. It is really, really tough not to eat more berries than you bring back! :) The threat of suspension of cobbler privledges slowed my brothers and I down but not much.

-ld

We have an irrigation ditch that runs along the west end of our property, and the entire edge of our property is covered by about a 6' high, 6' wide bramble of blackberries. The guy that takes care of the ditch cuts them back every other year or so... it just slows the growth a bit. :-) My wife isn't much into cooking though... so I never get good stuff like cobbler. :-(

In England it's called Blackberry Crumble... My mum makes the best Crumble in the whole wide world (at least in my humble opinion) :D

Have you tried adding some apples to the mix... Blackberry and Apple Crumble... SCRUMMY !

Now after reading this post , I know that I gained at least 5 pounds...

2.5 per cobbler and 2.5 per ice cream,

Really I wish I was there to help you .. Eat it that is cobbler ala Mode....

Fresh from the pik'ns... well here in the north (south of the red river) central texas , I do not know of any one around here other than a few flea/farmers markets that are carrying the fresh ones....

well off to pout about not having any handy..