Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow shooting left. Sight suggestions?

Craig1981

my shadow orange is shooting slightly left. Thinking of putting adjustable sights on. The adjustable rear from czc requires a 7.5mm front. I see a 1.0x7.5 front sight on their sight. Is that the proper size for the adjustable rear? Or is 1.5 better? Also, i see it says for tactical sport. Will that fit the shadow orange?

http://czcustom.com/cz-fiber-optic-front-sight-1-0-x-7-5mm-3-1mm-blade.html

http://czcustom.com/zdl-shadow-adjust-rear-sight.html

Just drift the sight to the left or right to fix your windage issue after you've verified it's the gun and not operator error.  I've seen the screws break on the rear sights first hand.  All 3 of my gats have fixed sights.

4 hours ago, MissionaryMike said:

If you're shooting left, a height adjustable rear isn't going to help you.  You need to drift your rear sight to the right.  Unless you have a different reason to change out the rear, just zero it.

The rear sight i listed says adjustable for windage and elevation. Only reason is to fix the shooting left problem. It's the only gun i have that does it. Its doing it when it's bench rested as well.

1 hour ago, Craig1981 said:

The rear sight i listed says adjustable for windage and elevation. Only reason is to fix the shooting left problem. It's the only gun i have that does it. Its doing it when it's bench rested as well.

All you need to do is drift the rear sight to the right a bit to correct this.  It's an effective and extremely inexpensive solution.

I love throwing money at my guns as much as anyone, but it's really not the easiest solution here.

Edited by Deathray