Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

coating mags

shot my first match in PCC, one stage required a couple of mandatory reloads, had trouble seating mags. had then fall out twice because I didn't seat them. it seems the mag would slip thru my hand as I seated it, got me thinking about ways to texture the mag body to get a better grip. had a few ideas but I think the best idea is to spray them with a few coats of bed liner. has anyone else had this problem or tried to spray the mags

Been running into that myself with a little dryfire with my PCC lately. Fully loaded, they are a PAIN to get in. Drop a round out and the mags slide right in and lock as long as I get them on the right angle when getting to the magwell. try downloading them a round or two to see if they go in any easier for you. 

Hadn't thought of the skate tape idea, still haven't gotten used to the notion that the mag doesnt go all the way in the gun. Might have to investigate that idea further....

Download your mags to start with. I use GLOCK 17 bodies with TTI extensions that hold 23, loaded to 20-22 depending on how many shots after the reload I need. You can also JB weld some silicon carbide on or use skate tape but downloading your mag will help more. If you are running Colt pattern steel mags and can't do the short sticks, give a tug on the mag as you change your grip. If it comes out, your hand is still on the mag and you can quickly re-seat it instead of having it end up on the ground. 

I have been downloading my reload mags (by 5 rounds), the MPX mags have all kinds of little bumps and knurls on them but all they seen to do is break friction making then slick and hard to seat mag rapidly, and because of these skate board tape wont stay, that is why I was wondering if any one has sprayed there mags with bed liner, I am going to try one and will post a pic here on this post,