Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA to USPSA

JerryShoots

We have an IDPA shooter who is trying USPSA SS.  He uses the exact same gear, sans vest, and he does exactly what 9x45 said.  He laughs at himself after the stage when he remembers he didn't have to do that.  The one change he is planning on making is extra mag pouches, because pulling them from a back pocket isn't as fast.  He has a ball.

23 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Can you go from a manual to an automatic transmission and back again?

I can, but when I used to do it a lot, people looked at me funny when I was grabbing at air by the steering column in the manual or waving my hand around the center console in the automatic.  :roflol:

22 hours ago, MrDanCheck said:

I challenge you to a dual!!!!!

I love stomping slow lazy bottom feeders.. its like bring logic to a conversation with a liberal... mind blowing..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lol, say when boss!

I picked up a nice 625 in a trade late last week 8)  I can use it in USPSA shooting Major and it is legal for IDPA revolver!  If I really have a great time in USPSA with it I can always get a 929 later.

I shot some drills with it yesterday setting up some simple stages and running it against my CDP setup for comparison and except for the reloads (going to have to work on those)  I shoot it about 80% of how I do with my 1911 so my guess is that I will class in Expert somewhere.  Up to Master with my other division if I spend some time working on those reloads.  I was surprised that my points down were almost identical.

The big difference I noticed was having to plan differently.  I have a tendency to activate movers in CDP and load into the moving target.  I tried that with the revolver and didnt even have the empties out before the target was gone!

1 hour ago, M1911 said:

When shooting revolver in IDPA, you pretty much have to treat each stage as Limited Vickers.  You just can't miss, or your stage plan goes out the window.

1 hour ago, M1911 said:

When shooting revolver in IDPA, you pretty much have to treat each stage as Limited Vickers.  You just can't miss, or your stage plan goes out the window.

Kind of like shooting single stack major