Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10rd mecgar mags and Springer base pads

cheby

I have to  buy 10rd mags. What base pads should I use with mecgar 10rd mags so the gun fits the Production box?I am currently using the springer precision pads with 17rd mecgar mags. I hope I can use the same pads with the 10rd mags. 

5 hours ago, cheby said:

I have to  buy 10rd mags. What base pads should I use with mecgar 10rd mags so the gun fits the Production box?I am currently using the springer precision pads with 17rd mecgar mags. I hope I can use the same pads with the 10rd mags. 

If you dont mind me asking, why are you switching to 10rd mags if you already have 17rd?

6 hours ago, cheby said:

I believe the base pads for the 17 round Mecgar mags are different than the ones you will need for the factory 10 round mags.  I think you will need the pads that fit on the stock 16 round mags from the factory. 

2 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

I believe the base pads for the 17 round Mecgar mags are different than the ones you will need for the factory 10 round mags.  I think you will need the pads that fit on the stock 16 round mags from the factory. 

You know what, I think you might actually be able to get away with the same base pads you are currently running. If you check out Gregcotellc.com, you'll notice that there are two versions of a 10 round magazine for the CZ 75. The version that has the blue follower, which is the Mecgar aftermarket mag, looks to be the same tube as their 17 rounder.  They are also way cheaper than the factory version.  Good luck. 

11 hours ago, Bullets said:

If you dont mind me asking, why are you switching to 10rd mags if you already have 17rd?

Planning on going to California for a match

Edited by cheby

The Mecgar 10rnd mags, use a full tube and use same lock plate and pad as the mecgar 17 and the CZ plated 17 mag.

We are doing this pad for the CZ plated 17rnd mag, MecGar 10rnd, MecGar 17rnd mag.

pads 17 30144 _1275LOGO.jpg

30144 pad 15 black _1289.jpg

18 minutes ago, eerw said:

The Mecgar 10rnd mags, use a full tube and use same lock plate and pad as the mecgar 17 and the CZ plated 17 mag.

We are doing this pad for the CZ plated 17rnd mag, MecGar 10rnd, MecGar 17rnd mag.

Those are some really nice looking base pads, Stuart. If they fit the 17 round Mecgars, they should also fit the 15 rounders by Mecgar.  

Just now, MissionaryMike said:

Those are some really nice looking base pads, Stuart. If they fit the 17 round Mecgars, they should also fit the 15 rounders by Mecgar.  

yes...I forgot..those too!

22 minutes ago, cheby said:

BTW, are there any reliability issues with 10rd Mecgars compared to 17rd? 

None at all. The only difference between the 17 rounders and the 10 rounders are that the mag body has a small dimple on the 10 rounders so you cannot load passed 10. Otherwise, it's the same mag.

19 hours ago, eerw said:

Any particular reason they wouldn't fit on the MG16's?   I recognize it's a different tube but those look killer. 

51 minutes ago, ArrDave said:

Any particular reason they wouldn't fit on the MG16's?   I recognize it's a different tube but those look killer. 

Tube length is different on the 16 mags from the 10, 15, 17 mecgar mags and the lockplate has a different pin location.