Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What year Limited Pro has the shorter IDPA legal beaver tail?

hav3n

So if you want to add a slightly heavier magazine basepad and still have a margin of error in case their old & busted scale reads heavy, it's time to find some helium-filled grips. Got it.

The Henning ones will still make weight. But yeah. I am hoping the Scales 2.0, plus Henning base plates barely makes it. Otherwise I am going to shave metal somewhere. Because I hate the look and feel of the stock grips.

I have the same grips on my Stock 3.

I love the feel so much that they're getting the epoxy & 60grit aluminum oxide treatment to make them black & grippy.

Grips are (obviously) the one thing no two people with the same gun will agree upon.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2016 at 8:31 AM, Marshal82 said:

What about with a mag? looks like it fits as well as a glock 34. 

The IDPA rules say you can't add material to your beavertail they say nothing about taking it off.

126fzn7.jpg

Edited by Jeff O

• 3 weeks later...

So finally got my rambling on video and made a review of the Lim Pro I bought (at the start of this thread).

Switching from a Glock 34 has been an overall pleasure and even with all the teething issues with springs and polishing (more to go!) I've really enjoyed the platform through the whole thing because I can see the potential!

(Forgive the action shots from this USPSA B shooter! You 'M's try not to cringe too hard.)

Thanks for all the help on this forum. Intend to shoot the crap out of this gun for years to come.

Here is my review of my EAA Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited Pro in 9mm:

Edited by hav3n

Great video ! In my first attempt I got my new Limpro to 6-2 and 2-2. Only issue was my Bolo was too "drop-in" and already had too much material removed. Gives me a tiny bit more pre-travel than I would like. All in all the gun is fantastic. Put 400 rounds through the gun 200 with CCI small pistol primers, 200 with WSP's, 100% reliable with a 13 pound hammer spring. Does anybody know the weight of a Henning base pad vs. a Shockbottle ? I have a little weight leeway with the Lava Rock grips.

Edited by Jeff O

@Jeff O ... 6/2 and 2/2?

Its crazy how these guns can vary. I had my gun down to 5/9 in DA and still had a 3/1 pull in Single Action (SA).

My trigger pull with the hammer back seems 3/4 pound heavier than most, no matter where or how you polish the internals. I'm glad I'm not a trigger-gauge fetishist and that my gun feels terrific.

Edited by MemphisMechanic