Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cavalry Arms 3 Gun Match

Website is up:

http://www.cavalryarms.com/3gun/3gun.html

The site will be continually updated as the dates for the match grow closer.

This year's match is entirely under our control, we are leasing the range from TIGER Valley for the event. This should alleviate the logistics, command and control problems from the previous year.

We have revised the rules so they are clear and uniform, please read them as they are different from any other match.

HOT SIDEARMS AND TRANSITIONS will still be allowed at our match, we have changed some rules for the sake of safety and to clearly define methods of carry and when a shooter may transition.

We are using our own "Aggressor" targets we are having made for this match:

agressor-1.jpg

A Zones are the T in the head, and circle in the torso. I will hold off posting actual dimensions until we have the finalized targets in hand.

Trapezoid on the target represents an armored plate. Some targets may be considered "Armored" (this will be noted in course descriptions or by marking the targets some how) in which case hits to the plate area will not count for rifle or pistol. Rifle hits will count anywhere else on the target, Pistol hits only in the head.

We do need Range Staff and ROs for this event. We will have 9 or 10 stages and would like to have one Range officer and one assistant Range Officer for each stage. Contact us with if you are interested in helping out and let us know what competition experience you have.

We intend for this to be a fun match with a high round count. If you come looking to have a good time, you will find it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, hurt me...

I like the idea of the SAPI-plate-equipped target. This brings home the theory that to a competent shooter, all are but targets in motion :)

The San Angelo Car-Pool and Shooting Association is interested in playing Trooper Class this year...please let us know the "for real" round count up front; otherwise we will ground our Hello Kitty backpacks in The San Angelo 3-Gun Assault Wagon and be Mechanized Troopers...

Alex

Oh, hurt me...

I like the idea of the SAPI-plate-equipped target.  This brings home the theory that to a competent shooter, all are but targets in motion  :)

The San Angelo Car-Pool and Shooting Association is interested in playing Trooper Class this year...please let us know the "for real" round count up front; otherwise we will ground our Hello Kitty backpacks in The San Angelo 3-Gun Assault Wagon and be Mechanized Troopers...

Alex

Uhm, Alex, we aren't leaving the trailer at home even if we have to drag the "owner" kicking and screaming to the match. Come to think of it, "his" trailer and four-wheeler have gone to matches without him before. :) You guys can "Trooper Class" all you want, but this little wimp isn't doing it. :P

I'm sure it said but I did not notice. How many shooters will you accept for the match? By the way, looks like fun and it fits my schedule better than last years match. Looking forward to everything, but the drive. Cody

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot this match last year and had a blast. I don't shoot any of the other big matches, so this match is a once a year treat for me.

Trooper Class is the thing for me this year... I think Shawn Nealon has effectively shamed me into it this year.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Jeremy

The shooter must transport all their equipment to

the next stage in one trip.  If the shooter fails to do this, they will

be made to return to the previous stage and walk back again carrying

all their equipment in one trip.

You guys are tough.

Any food a Trooper Class shooter wishes to eat must be carried

on them other than the food served at lunchtime.  This means not even

accepting a piece of gum, candy, beef jerky, or other food item from another

competitor.

You may be tough, but I'm mean. I think I'll bake brownies and walk them around the Trooper squads...and maybe double-chocolate-chip cookies...mmm...cookies...

:)

I'm very happy that Coleman was gracious enough to move their long-scheduled 4H Classic back one week so the Coleman/Abilene/Midland/San Angelo folks could play. This is shaping up to be great fun B)

Alex

• 4 weeks later...

For the TROOPER CLASS SHOOTERS

Since water will be available at every stage, can we add water on a daily basis to our camelbacks if we fill them at the range house at the begining of each day?

OPEN CLASS QUESTION:

Can a shooter switch optics depending on stage requirements on the rifle if they shoot in the open class?

For the TROOPER CLASS SHOOTERS

Since water will be available at every stage, can we add water on a daily basis to our camelbacks if we fill them at the range house at the begining of each day?

You may add water whenever you wish, this is the one exception to carrying everything with you.

OPEN CLASS QUESTION:

Can a shooter switch optics depending on stage requirements on the rifle if they shoot in the open class?

The short answer is no. There are no limitations on accessories in Open class for rifles, so you may have dual optics to begin with if you wish.

Section 4 Firearms, Covers this:

4.3 For purposes of this ruling, a "firearm" consists of a specific

caliber, receiver, barrel, stock and sighting system combination.

4.4 The same firearm system, for each gun, per Rule 4.3, shall be used

during the entire match. Trooper class shooters excepted, see Trooper Class Rules

4.5 Competitors will not reconfigure any firearm during the course of a

match. (i.e. change caliber, barrel length, sighting systems or stock

style.) Trooper class shooters excepted, see Trooper Class Rules.

Fred and I's applications hit the mail today.

Sorry we can't afford to live in your campground for a week to help RO, although we would be happy to RO our own squad :)

Alex

Fred and I's applications hit the mail today.

Sorry we can't afford to live in your campground for a week to help RO, although we would be happy to RO our own squad  :)

Alex

No Worries Alex...as it turns out we will have enough range staff. We are planning on having one RO per stage for the duration to keep things consistent...hopefully we don't all come down with Asian Bird Flue right before the match or something else terrible, lol!

The prize table is going to be nice, every shooter will come away with a minimum of $150 in prizes.

Prizes for the match are already coming in...among those already committed for prizes are Surefire, DPMS, Spec Ops Brand, and Ergo Grip.

Kifaru is sending us an EMR pack with Cargo Shelf that will be used on one of the stages...