Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Port Loading W/ Stage Saver Jam Question Benelli M2

target4fun

So I have a taccom stage/match saver I recently installed on my m2 and having done a lot of practice with it I have realized a problem and was wondering if anyone had a working solution.  The issue is if the shell is loaded and the shotgun is pointed in a downward angle the shell goes forward under the chamber causing a jam.  The top of the shell cant lift up as its hitting the bottom of the chamber.  It seems this is just a downside to this loading operation?  Is it just normal practice for you to point the barrel up when doing a port load?  I can see this type of jam ruining a stage.  Thanks!

Has this ever actually caused a jam in use - or only in theory? The shell coming out of the Matchsaverz and into the receiver port is no different than any port load with the bolt locked back.

Experimenting with my M2 I can cause a shell to move under chamber area if I point the gun down and manipulate the shell just so, but pressing the bolt release still lets the carrier's movement kick the shell up and into the chamber. Never had the issue come up in use (and then the gun is generally held parallel at the shoulder when the Matchsaverz shell is slipped into the port anyway).

11 minutes ago, racknrider said:

Idk about the OP but with my lifter tip bent downward I can get this malfunction during matches. I also get the same malf with a shell coming out of the tube during normal firing. 

A stronger mag tube spring (assuming the lifter is OK) will generally fix this problem.

What type of lifter is in your gun?

On 9/29/2016 at 4:01 PM, target4fun said:

So I have a taccom stage/match saver I recently installed on my m2 and having done a lot of practice with it I have realized a problem and was wondering if anyone had a working solution.  The issue is if the shell is loaded and the shotgun is pointed in a downward angle the shell goes forward under the chamber causing a jam.  The top of the shell cant lift up as its hitting the bottom of the chamber.  It seems this is just a downside to this loading operation?  Is it just normal practice for you to point the barrel up when doing a port load?  I can see this type of jam ruining a stage.  Thanks!

This has been happening to me, too, with my MatchSaverz and Benelli M2. 

Following...

CharlieD i went a head and ordered that.  Mine is flush, it appears to he nordic components.  I do believe its the flush follower causing the issue.  Many of the others have a raised center that pushes past the edge, such as the OR design.  I do also like the blue as its different than other shotgun shell colors. 

I noticed this a while back using the RCI monotube and RCI follower that it came with..........the RCI follower has a smooth face.  I dropped in a Nordic follower which has the protrusion from the face, like the OR3Gun one linked above.  Problem solved.

Austin, Yeah Mine appears to also be a smooth faced nordic style follower.  I just wanted to also note that I contacted the OR3gun and they said that follower was made for mossberg but will likely fit.  I will report back if it doesn't fit.  Just for people searching posts for this same problem in the future.   

Yeah I just took out the Flat faced Dark red aluminum follower and replaced with the:

http://or3gun.com/OR3GUN/about_or3gun_follower.htm

and the problem is gone!  Thanks CharlieD & Austin

If anyone has this issue just buy the product above or the one Austin has as both seem to have the raised face which makes all the difference.  I sprung for the blue only because the "blue" is a unique color and cant be confused with anything else and I know I have an empty follower when I see blue.  I have yet to shoot it but if any issues pop up with this follower on the M2 as far as shooting goes I will post here for people with same problem.  I dont anticipate any issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...