Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage question re: no more than 8 shots required

JAFO

He said REQUIRED. Not *able* to strategically insert them to improve your score.

We had a local stage recently involving a 30 ft wide wall. At either end were four tight headshot targets - so taking them on the move was not viable.

Immediately around each corner was an 8rd steel array. Each end effectively had four paper and 8 steel.

In my opinion that's just unimaginitive stage design. By, you guessed it, one of our Open competitiors.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

7 hours ago, d_striker said:

No...The original post and the one you're commenting on are two different scenarios.  OP is two boxes.  

The second one is from a different poster.  

Read harder.

The second one is from the original text of the original poster.  I'm not sure why you're seeing different.

4 hours ago, PatJones said:

Requiring more than 8 is against the rules. However, if I can save myself from creating another position, it usually makes sense to do a standing reload.

Sometimes.  Other times, creating the other position works, because you can have a better/faster engagement on yet another target there, or because it will make another part of the stage flow better....

And I say that as someone who prefers to break a 30 round stage down into 3 blocks of ten whenever I can.... 

Sometimes.  Other times, creating the other position works, because you can have a better/faster engagement on yet another target there, or because it will make another part of the stage flow better....

And I say that as someone who prefers to break a 30 round stage down into 3 blocks of ten whenever I can.... 

I agree, but as a revolver shooter it took me time to get over my "no standing reloads" hangup. You have to figure out the fastest way to shoot the stage that you can execute 10 times out of 10.

In reference to the original post, it's 8 rounds per location _or_ view. Stage designers have a lot of leeway thru the use of vision barriers. I understand that some clubs have a limited number of props available, but there is no excuse for illegal stage design.