Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UPDATED 2016 MEMPHIS CHARITY CHALLENGE: Level 2 USPSA recognizing SStk, Revo, Open, Lim, Lim10, CO & Prod

Hello from Memphis !

We have a little work left to do, but stages are looking good. Some are easy. Some not so easy.

All are fun and will challenge you in one way or another.

Since we had so many lateish entries plaques will be sent out to winners after the match so we have the correct total numbers to use.

The lunch group we used in the past could not be back, and all the backup people could not do it either thus the no lunches.

On the other hand. Weather is supposed to be GREAT ! ! ! ! ! ! 

See y'all on the range !

Special thanks to my wife Elizabeth for her hard work and dedication. I would not have attempted the MCC without her ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Also thanks to Bill Grewe, Lynn Jones, John Keller, and Brad Griffin.

Hopalong

Preparations finished. Now time ticks down to the match. It will be fun to shoot the MCC Match again, and look forward to shooting the match in Revolver and Single Stack Divisions. This will only be my second time shooting Single Stack Division in competition, so I ask that the laughter be kept to a minimum please. :rolleyes:

I don't know what I did to get squaded to start the match Saturday on stage 9, but I apologize profusely. A 44 round count stage out of the gate? Really? :blink: Have you no soul? :lol:

Edited by Blueridge

That was a really fun match. Some super high round count stages (like 40 and 44), money going to a great cause, a very balanced mix of stages. Normally I can tell if one person designs all the stages as they all have the same "feel". Not so here. And the very rare chance to shoot the same match back to back and compare guns you shoot or whatever.

Well worth it and I'd do it again. Did I mention it was for charity as well, so good feelings too.

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 6:57 AM, rowdyb said:

I can tell you the stage I didn't like, the one per target, stage 4 if I remember. Other than that I liked all the stages.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you like stage 4?

selfishly, because of my mixed performance on it. day one in CO i executed plan well. day 2 in Prod I didn't. ( broke the arrays up much differently than going in a circle just hitting each port and opening. i went in a Z on the ground, erasing a shooting position but hainvg a lot of transitions with the gun)

because of the inability to be consistent there, when i was on every other stage, that made me not like it. there was something about its set up, risk vs reward, style of shots and my interaction with it that couldn't reliably click that I didn't feel on any of the other stages.

i don't mind one on each stages. it was the shooting and lay out on the ground coupled with my brain and skills that at the end i walked away going, "huh, didn't really enjoy that"

Thus it did part of it's job :blink:

When you have 5 Grand Masters in 4 different divisions talking about it (3 making it harder than it really was)  And many others saying that it was too many ways to shoot it you have a "winner"  ;)

Hopalong

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:53 AM, rowdyb said:

selfishly, because of my mixed performance on it. day one in CO i executed plan well. day 2 in Prod I didn't. ( broke the arrays up much differently than going in a circle just hitting each port and opening. i went in a Z on the ground, erasing a shooting position but hainvg a lot of transitions with the gun)

because of the inability to be consistent there, when i was on every other stage, that made me not like it. there was something about its set up, risk vs reward, style of shots and my interaction with it that couldn't reliably click that I didn't feel on any of the other stages.

i don't mind one on each stages. it was the shooting and lay out on the ground coupled with my brain and skills that at the end i walked away going, "huh, didn't really enjoy that"

Ah, I see... I can respect that.

14 hours ago, hopalong said:

When you have 5 Grand Masters in 4 different divisions talking about it (3 making it harder than it really was)  And many others saying that it was too many ways to shoot it you have a "winner"  ;)

Hopalong

I am glad that the stage made others think as hard about it as I feel that I did. :wacko:

thanks, basically what i wrote could be summed up as, i didn't like it 'cause on one day i didn't do well at it. hahaha. i guess the only thing that would be something not rowdy related to why it's my choice for least favorite is it seemed to have the least "flow" for me. but then again, i didn't shoot the safe/simple plan. so back all on me. hahahaha.

my favs were 2,3, 5,6,7. that's pretty good when you have that many favorite stags in a match.

raise money for the kids hospital again next year and i'll be back. =)

17 hours ago, hopalong said:

Hopalong

i was one of those M shooters I guess who made it harder than it was......