Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Still Production Legal?

Flatland Shooter

I'm sending a 2nd Generation Glock in for refurbishing.  Part of the package will be a new frame.  Per someone here on the forum, when I get the gun back it will have a 3rd Generation frame.  (Glock has been sold out of the 2nd Gen frames for some time.)

By putting a 2nd Gen slide on a 3rd Gen frame, have I made the gun illegal for USPSA Production?

Thanks.

App D4 21.3

If the frame is legal and the slide and barrel is the same length, contour, and caliber as the factory version for that frame, you are fine

A better question is: if you put a 9mm barrel and slide on a .40 frame, technically you can't do that, but it is LITERALLY impossible to determine unless you are the government and know what serial number goes with what gun.

2 hours ago, andyroth said:

App D4 21.3

If the frame is legal and the slide and barrel is the same length, contour, and caliber as the factory version for that frame, you are fine

A better question is: if you put a 9mm barrel and slide on a .40 frame, technically you can't do that, but it is LITERALLY impossible to determine unless you are the government and know what serial number goes with what gun.

Or you blab about it on shooting forums. ;)

• 1 month later...

You should be fine, people shoot glock 22's and 35's with conversion barrels all the time. If you can change the caliber without changing the profile of the gun and its still legal I don't see why you can't have a Gen2 top end that is the same profile as a gen3.