Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Memorable First Shoot.

Rifter

This weekend, I finally attended my first match. It was a Steel fun shoot, using IPSC rules, except for the scoring. Things went pretty well, up until I reached the last stage.

So, on this stage, you are seated on a toilet (yes, a chair with a toilet hole in it), and your gun is in the magazine rack next to you. At the buzzer, you reach over, grab the pistol, and engage 6 targes in front of you. They range from about 10-15 yards away.

From there, you have a choice Out about 30 or so yards away, were another 6 metal targets. You could either stand, and engage them, or run up to a fault line, about 10 yards away from those targets.

So, there is the stage, pretty simple and straight forward. I take up my position. The buzzer sounds. I reach over, grab the pistol, and am able to drop the targets pretty quickly.

I leap off of the pot, turn and run tword the other side. Now, at this point, let me expain something. I am around 350lbs so I have that funnel shaped body. While my belt is ok at holding my pants up, it does have some limitations.

Well, the added weight of a holster and 2 loaded mags ads extra drag that is not conductive to keep the britches in place. I have the horrible vision of my pants falling in front of all these shooters. I could feel the right side sliding down quickly, so I reach down to grab it. As I get my little finger into the belt loop and start pulling, I realize my pistol is aiming down, and getting dangerously close to breaking 180 degrees. The one thing I fear worse than mooning a squad of spectators, is getting a DQ, so I come to an abrupt halt, and bring my pistol up. To the shock (and amusement) of the crowd behind me, I engage the final targets exposing my backside to God and squad behind. Even with that distraction, I think I missed twice out of 6 targets, and had a respectable time. The second string went a LOT better, though, I scored worse. Go figure.

It was a great day, and I had a lot of fun... Grabing some suspenders for next time, though. :-)

Lotsa stuff happened to Rhino. Mostly a lot more practice and he is startin to kick some ass that is long overdue.

Rifter, do a search for "The day the pants failed" and you will understand what I mean