Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited-10 Gun

mcb

So I have a Springfield XD-40 Tactical chamber for the 40S&W and I am shooting factory ammunition. Given this I shot my last match as limited-10 instead of Production to take advantage of the major scoring. If I continue to shoot limited-10 what modification can I make to my XD-40 and still be legal. I have read the rule book and I'm afraid the rule book leaves a little to be desire as far as what is and what is not allow to be changed in the different classification. Any help here would be greatly appriciated. Right know the following modifaction are the one I am looking at but if you have some good suggestion for making this a good Limited-10 gun I would love to hear it.

The addition of a magazine well attachment to aid reloads

A heavier after market guide rod, solid stainless instead of the hollow factory

The addition of a recoil buffer to protect where the slide hits the frame

Possibly change the recoil spring rate.

Thanks

mcb

or stick a fully loaded 12 rounder in the gun..then you might as well have holes, comps and a Cmore...youll go to open.\

fiber optic sights,

slide lightening.

guide rod change, whatever springs you want(you can do this in production too.

i am unaware of a magazine well made for the springfield XD.

also you dont have as many(any??) speed holsters.

Bar-sto makes an extended mag release(i feel this is needed due to the fact springfield wants to "hide" the mag release)

a recoil buffer probably wont help and may make the gun unreliable.

with that particular gun, basically your shooting a major power production gun in L10...should still be better off than the guys with singlestacks, leather holsters and 10 round mags.

good luck,and have fun

Thanks guys. I have found a magazine well/frame plug for an XD. The guys over at www.hs2000talk.com showed it to me.

http://www.smartlock.com/XDMagwell-r.htm

There are also a couple of solid stainless steel guide rods to replace the hollow one the come from the factory. I though a little extra weight in the nose might help recoil.

I hadn't considered an extended magazine release. Might have to put one of those in too.

Thanks

mcb

If you even want a little more wight than a stainless guide rod Don over at hs2000talk will do a tungsten rod for $60 shipped.

Here's a quote from an email Don sent me: "The tungsten rod for XD 5" weighs in at 3.1 oz compared to the factory hollow one at .87 oz and my stainless at 1.3 oz."

Also I believe that Bob Hostetter from Barsto said that they are producing a mag well for XD's now.

Barsto magwell and magazine base pads

extended magazine release (www.hs2000talk.com has a good one.)

Canyon Creek trigger job

Dawson Fiber Optic sights (Rich can install them while he does the trigger job)

Barsto match grade barrell (not really needed)

CR Speed holster and mag pouches (Shooter Connection may have one)

Do you guys have a link to the barsto magwell I can't find any evidence of one anywere. The only one I have seen is the one I linked to earlier. I would like to compare the two.

Thanks

mcb

Barsto website is www.barsto.com. I dont think there is a picture of it up yet. I believe there was a photo of it on the hs2000-XD forum. I'll see if I can find it.

Steve

edited to add if you go to the hs2000-xd forums look in the general xd discussion section there is a topic-- any word on the barsto trigger? on page 6 or 7 there are a couple of pictures of it. The whole thread has good info on some of the things Barsto is doing. I tried to figure out how to link to the thread but didnt have any luck Sorry.

I believe that Bob H from Barsto recomended just calling the shop because their website isn't up to date. I also think he said to specifically ask for him or John??? The info is in the Barsto trigger thread referenced above from the hs2000talk site.

Bob has been on there recently, the last thing I saw from him was a couple of weeks ago and he said the drop in trigger kit would be available in a few weeks?? The magwells are in production from what I understand so you might call them for more info.

Also I have the Trugrip tape that Steve recomends above on my Tactical and love it, great product.

Barsto website is  www.barsto.com. I dont think there is a picture of it up yet. I believe there was a photo of it on the hs2000-XD forum. I'll see if I can find it.

Steve

edited to add if you go to the hs2000-xd forums look in the general xd discussion section there is a topic-- any word on the barsto trigger? on page 6 or 7 there are a couple of pictures of it. The whole thread has good info on some of the things Barsto is doing.  I tried to figure out how to link to the thread but didnt have any luck Sorry.

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=201200#201200

Thanks ampleworkd but the one pistol gear is selling does not go clear around the base of the grip like the one pictured in the thread 300lbGorilla posted. Barsto should have their magazine well out soon and it looks more like what I wanted.

Thanks

mcb

Edited to add: I just called Barsto and they were kind enough to put me on the waiting list for the new XD magazine well. They are going to give me a call when they are ready to ship.

• 2 weeks later...

it would be nice if you could somehow get the capacity up from 12 to say, 18 or 19...even 17 would work...

does CR speed make a holster that is for the XD?? or is it a glock holster that has been tweaked?

if you could get some basepads that would make real 140 mm mags, , the magwell and a set of sights on the XD, they might make a decent limited gun..

i might get a 9mm XD just to play with...

if springfield would just put a bigger damned mag release button on the gun!

it would be nice if you could somehow get the capacity up from 12 to say, 18 or 19...even 17 would work...

does CR speed make a holster that is for the XD?? or is it a glock holster that has been tweaked?

if you could get some basepads that would make real 140 mm mags, , the magwell and a set of sights on the XD, they might make a decent limited gun..

i might get a 9mm XD just to play with...

if springfield would just put a bigger damned mag release button on the gun!

I got a CR Speed holster from Shooters Connection. Check with Chuck, he might have one in stock. If not, he can get you with his next order.

B)

Several people have been making parts recently for the XD, including us.

We currently have the extended ambi mag releases, guide rods, magwells, base pads (extended pads are in the works as we speak), and barrels in stock. We also offer trigger work (Rich at Canyon Creek also does great trigger work), grip recontouring and stippling, and adjustable sight installations (Dawsons and Bomars). We are currently modifing the stock sears and the replacement sear is still down the road aways, just not enough time in the day to get everything done........

Sorry about the website being behind, none of us are very good on the computer, and we are buried in gun work. Hopefully sometime next month, after I buy a digital camera, we will completely update it.............

I think the XD is going to be giving the Production and L-10 divisions a run for their money in the near future. Properly tuned they are very nice.........

mcb,

We'd like to offer Barsto products, however Barsto won't allow us to become a dealer, since we don't have a FFL. I don't see a need for a FFL since we don't sell firearms. In the end, it doesn't matter as others are about to release similar products for the XD, in the very near term (Summer 2005).

Regards,

Scott