Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ blued slide froglube

1sickPuppy

Tried froglube on several occasions. Not a fan of it. Its a pain to apply. You have to heat it to melt it. In the warmer months it work ok. The colder months i had malfunctions on guns that never malfunctioned before. Removed it and went back to traditional gun cleaner and oil. Never had a problem again. Only good thing about it was it smelled nice.

On 9/5/2016 at 1:10 PM, v1911 said:

It's organic. Meaning it will break down at some point. It's also mint scented coconut oil. You're paying out the nose for snake oil. 

Don't forget that if you get any petroleum based lube on the gun it will cause polymerization (aka solidify) frog lube. 

Don't forget that if you get any petroleum based lube on the gun it will cause polymerization (aka solidify) frog lube. 

Does it work on the outside of the slide to seal the bluing from humidity?

Does polymerization seal the blue from humidity?

16 minutes ago, 1sickPuppy said:

Does it work on the outside of the slide to seal the bluing from humidity?

Does polymerization seal the blue from humidity?

No. Polymerization is just a fancy way of saying that the oils solidify. There is almost zero corrosion protection. 

If you are worried about protecting the finish I'd personally recommend Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil. When I switched to it I stopped having issues with rust spots on the hammer of my practice gun. 

Edited by bthoefer

Problem with froglube is you need to apply it then wipe it ALL off.  If you can see it you did it wrong. If you use the paste and get in small areas (like firing pin holes) you are not going to have a good time in the cold.  I have switched to the extreme version.  It is slicker than a minnows pecker.