Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams Mag. Springs

G+16

would any one know were I can get grams followers and springs for para 14-45, without waiting for grams themselves? bazro's are out of them. really want them.

G+16

Call Beven and ask him if he knows if anybody has them. Be advised though, Beven had not finished the design on the "newest" style para followers. That's what he said when I saw him at a match 2 weeks ago. I shoot para stuff also and would really like to get the new style stuff for my para tubes. His STI stuff works great!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I had problems with my STI 170mm mag and I've changed the spring and follower with the ones of grams.

Run actually pretty well except for the last cartridge. The slide stay open as the magazine is empty and the cartridge stay in mag.

I've put this spring and follower in a 140mm mag just to see and it makes the same.

Is it a common problem?

Thanks

Guest Larry Cazes
Hello,

I had problems with my STI 170mm mag and I've changed the spring and follower with the ones of grams.

Run actually pretty well except for the last cartridge. The slide stay open as the magazine is empty and the cartridge stay in mag.

I've put this spring and follower in a 140mm mag just to see and it makes the same.

Is it a common problem?

Thanks

Yup....I use his followers in both my .40 limited and for 2 .38super open guns and I had to trim the front area of the followers to keep this from happening.

G+16,

None of my dealers will have a Grams Format Follower Kit for the Para, because I have not finished it yet, (ChuckS knows this all too well ;) ). There is just not enough time in the day. 12 hours a day, every day is all I can do. As soon as I can get it done, benos.com will be the first to know.

Kevin,

I would make one if I had more then a handful of people who wanted it. I tried to get the market rolling years ago, but the Glock market didn't like the cost of the thing. The other problem is the wide size tolerances in the frames, even in the same model of gun. You talk to anyone who makes magwells for Glock's, and you will hear the same issues, alot of customers complaints about fit.

mousti,

It is common, if your slide lock has never been tuned for correct operation. My Follower Kit is very aggresive on slide lock activation. The fix in short, remove the top end of the gun, insert the slide lock into the frame, then insert a mag into the frame with one round in the mag. You then can see how the two parts work together. More pressure on the plunger, a detent in the slide lock, or removing material from the bottom of the paw that hits the follower are just some of the ways to tune the slide lock. Give me a call if you need more help with this.

G+16,

None of my dealers will have a Grams Format Follower Kit for the Para, because I have not finished it yet, (ChuckS knows this all too well  ;) ). There is just not enough time in the day. 12 hours a day, every day is all I can do.

I am getting tired of this sniveling. Come on, apply yourself... :P