Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slides For Open Glocks.

Mad Scientist

I know I am reviving a dead post, but LoneWolf Distributing is getting ready to produce slides in the next few months for those of you interested.

Hmmmm. Just checked their website. 17 and 22 slides, Stainless, available August 1st.

Target retail $175!! Looks like I need to call Lone Wolf tomorrow.

Just a heads up that CCF RaceFrames is in validation (pre-production) phase for their aftermarket Glock slides. Looks like about 2 months until they will be available for shipment. Also, magwells are in the works. Prototype finished and under evaluation. And, last, but not least, there is a barrel program.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

PS: My CCF project is moving nicely. I have Caspian 35 slide built up, except for barrels (40S&W and 9mm) which are due in by the weekend or Monday. Put Dave Sevigny's Competition Sights on the slide. This is a nice looking set-up.

Shot the G17 upper on the Monday night indoor match. Nice, nice, nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been shooting a G22 open gun with a Caspian/Shuemann hybrid barrel for about 5 years now. 10,000+ rounds without any problems with the gun. Have a Vanek trigger in the plastic gun, but move to a CCF frame (2K+ rounds to date without a problem) this year.

Here's a few pix of the CCF version and one of the polymer frame version along with my G24 40 open gun (converting to 9 major as you read this). Slides are from Glock, Millenium-Kr nickle plated, modified by High-Gear Race Guns (port holes, extended slide opening on G24, fit JPoint sites to slide).

post-12164-1188509075.jpg

post-12164-1188509082.jpg

post-12164-1188509122.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

I have been shooting a G22 open gun with a Caspian/Shuemann hybrid barrel for about 5 years now. 10,000+ rounds without any problems with the gun. Have a Vanek trigger in the plastic gun, but move to a CCF frame (2K+ rounds to date without a problem) this year.

Here's a few pix of the CCF version and one of the polymer frame version along with my G24 40 open gun (converting to 9 major as you read this). Slides are from Glock, Millenium-Kr nickle plated, modified by High-Gear Race Guns (port holes, extended slide opening on G24, fit JPoint sites to slide).

I WANT one of those uppers. I tried pulling up their site and it isn't working. Do you have any contact info?

Edit: I found it in the cached version.

Edited by DanM

Wow, those are some sweet looking blasters - perfectly suited for my taste! Have you had any problem with the major PF and your JPoints? Anything special done to the Jpoints to help them hold up to the recoil?

The High-Gear Race Gun site that I found is http://highgearraceguns.com

I've googled, but I can't find anything on the Caspian/Schuemann hybrid barrels. And man, the Caspian Arms website truly sucks.

Edited by domzilla9

I googled the barrel for a half-hour as well. Anyone?

I think KKM is still making a Hybrid glock barrel but I dunno about anyone else

The G22 came to me almost by accident. I good friend and gunsmith sold it to me about 5 years ago without any internals. I know several people at Caspian (I lived an hour from the factory) who told me that the barrel is no longer made by anyone and I would have order a custom barrel if I ever need a replacement. I shoot 6.7gr Power Pistol, 180gr MGD RN bullet, 1.125OAL. Gun makes 167-170PF without fail. I am a dedicated Jpoint user, never (ever) had a problem with those sites sitting on the slide. Site adjustment is not as fine as the DrDot, but they offer 1-degree spacers that help with sight adjustment. The only other complaint about JPoint is that you have to demount the site to replace the battery (very long life though). You must be sure to sight-in when remounting the sight....I was off to the right by 5 inches at my last match because I did not check sight-in after replacing the battery for the first time in 3 years. The gun tracks up/down pretty well on the CCF frame, not quite as flat as a SV or STI, but cost a LOT less. I am converting the G24 to 9mm major this week to see how that does. The G24 was a great gun in 40, very flat, very accurate. I broke 2 barrel lugs trying to fit it to the CCF frame (my own fault, not the CCF or the barrel) so I am back on the plastic frame in 9mm major.

Shooting the G22 in minor PF is amazing. Flat, soft and a real tack-driver. I use factory 40 or my G35 IPSC limited load making 140-145PF in the open gun. A great combination for steel matches.

Edited by matt2ace