Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejector loose

rpm8300

Hey all - any recommendations for an ejector that comes loose?  The rear part of the ejector comes just a little bit up out of the frame after use.  Its pinned in and to get it to work right, I had to file al little off of the top and side of the ejector.  Ive read about people that have used glue but what Im thinking is buying a new ejector that is oversize for both attachment legs and sanding it down just right.  If anyone can recommend one thatd be great. Thanks

You'll get the tightest fit by making sure the pin is snug in the notch you cut in the front leg of the ejector.  It takes some time, but I've found the best way to fit one is to use a sharpie to cover the front leg, then insert the ejector and twist the pin around in the hole until you can see where to file.  Use a needle file to cut the notch and sneak up on a tight fit little by little.  If you do it right, the ejector won't be loose even without Loctite.  I like the EGW XL Ejector.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this issue once and bought a new pin and the reverse thread drill bit from dawson. Not sure if the drill bit fixed it or the new pin but I ran the drill bit through (even though it was already drilled) and popped the new pin in and viola problem solved.

Here is a crazy one, that is related but different.  I was just at Area 8 and had malfunctions for 4 stages with my Trubor 9mm open gun.  Turns out the ejector cross pin had come out a little and was rubbing against the slide.  That is ALSO a new one - aside from ruining my match.  I think I can use a little glue to secure the pin.

4 minutes ago, rpm8300 said:

Here is a crazy one, that is related but different.  I was just at Area 8 and had malfunctions for 4 stages with my Trubor 9mm open gun.  Turns out the ejector cross pin had come out a little and was rubbing against the slide.  That is ALSO a new one - aside from ruining my match.  I think I can use a little glue to secure the pin.

:o