Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 reloading bench height

3djedi

What would be the ideal bench height for a super 1050 with a Mark VII autodrive?

I haven't received either yet but they're on the way and I kinda wanted to get a bench built before they show up next week.

I'm 5'8" tall... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Do you want to sit or stand and watch it? Straight ceiling overhead or slanted?

I'll measure mine but wish I had went two inches lower due to the ceiling being slanted. It's really nice sitting and watching it pretty close to eye level though.

Right now I stand at the bench. It's set up with a xl650 and the handle is near shoulder level.(standing) This is without a strong mount so the bench itself is tall.

In fact, it's too tall. The ceiling is flat but in this particular space it's a little lower. (Basement ducts)......there's only 40" between benchtop and ceiling and I believe the 1050 with the Mark VII is 41" .

Sitting or standing? How about both! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bench to top of casefeeder on a s1050 is 37.5" by itself. i have my doubts your gonna want to try and use it with 2.5" of access to the casefeeder (by itself without any autodrive), probably going to want a bench redesign to get it lower.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought this workbench from sams. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/ultra-heavy-duty-workbench/prod1490086.ip

The dimensions are 72"L x 25"W x 38"H. 38" is just about the perfect height to sit  at the press and reload. 

Calvin

I have two of the exact same benches next to each other. Perfect height. Incredibly sturdy. Amazing value.