Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolvers To Converge On Ohio?

hopalong

Well looking at the names of Revolver shooters intending to make the Ohio Section. A level III match

There could be 20 or more especially if the word got out....

It looks to me there are around 15 already pretty well committed to going, the stages look pretty good, should be fun.

Another thing, if there are 20 or more, Slots to the 2006 nationals will be awarded,

better to win one than hope to get one through the waiting list (According to Troy, the Nationals are full and if you did not get on the list pretty quick you are most likely not going to get a call).

Hope to see some of you there, Please introduce yourself, I will be the one shooting Saturday with a High speed Low drag Haircut :P and a Big Iron hanging on his hip ! ;) also with a Limp.

Bubber, Ok is not as far from OH as TN maybe you could sneek up there too?

Firewalker?

See ya there !!!

Hop / SAM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having learned from my "mistake(s)" of last year, when I tried to use .38 special's, a 6" 686 and "speedloaders" (not in my hands, they're not speedy and they don't always load), at both the Buckeye Blast and Area 5, I have now joined the ranks of the S&W 625 mooners.

I'll be the lefty wearing a lot of moon clips...with a few spares in my pocket...I still haven't forgotten (or forgiven) the Landing Craft stage at last years Blast. I have my suspicions about certain Ohio based course designers.

I will try to get past the Ohio River border guards (they don't seem to like how some of us Kentuckian's drive) and I'm scheduled for Saturday. My daughter is giving me an early Father's Day celebration by shooting with me too. Although, I must confess, she will be using a bottom feeder :wacko: you try to raise them right, but they still go their own ways sometimes.......

Airedale,

I am shooting on Saturday, hopefully not the only wheelgunner in my squad (flex)

Would LOVE to have an Airedale, but not able to have anything that eats except when I feed it.....(625 ect)

Wlktheduk,

Have 646 with loads that make 128,000 power factor, lots of moon clips and a bladetec holster not enough moonclip holders though, she is welcome to it.

pretty nice light weight heater !!!!!

See you there !!!!

One Tennessee country boy that intends to improve the class of Ohio if only for a weekend :lol::lol::lol:

HOP

I am shooting on Saturday, hopefully not the only wheelgunner in my squad (flex)

No worries, I'll be sure to put you in with somebody that will help you count to six (clearly, shootergrrl won't be any help in that regard).

Flex,

It is easy to count to six.....

Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Click = 7 :lol::lol::lol:

If you can, hook me up with Airedale and Mrs. Airedale and Zookeeper (Jack Jawor) and any others who desire to be shown the correct way to NOT shoot revolvers !!!!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko: Hell how about a Saturday Revolver squad ?????

SAM

Hopalong, thank you for the kind offer of the 646. Diana (my daughter) is in town for Mother's Day, and after reading your offer (as well as Airedale's intervention suggestion) she will still use her bottom feeder.

She has used revolvers, but short fingers and double action wheel gun triggers just didn't get along too well.... Anyway, we'll still have fun, even if some of us will have more fun then others.

After all, using a revolver ensures that I will get to spend more time on the range, more time then almost any other shooter there. (lots and lots more time) :D

Hopalong....

I may see Lenny and Jim Burch this weekend and will see if they have any interest in going down. They aren't going to Nats due to the time they are holding it (too hot). I did talk to my brother last night and put a bug in his ear also he only lives two hours north. If you don't mind watching shooters worse than you we would like to get squaded together. I still need CEO and CFO approval (maybe I should buy her some flowers this weekend) but am really hoping to come down. Will let you know after this weekend if I get any more interest from Eagles Nest (we have about 12 revo shooters). Take care, John DVC

Para45,

I don't mind watching any shooters !!!!!!

All Wheelgunners, Full time and part time welcome :)

You and your Eagles Nest buddies will have a big time finding out why it is Hopalong any way !!!!!

Hopefully Flex, can get us all hooked up !!!!!!! :blink:

Looking forward to this match..... Kyle sent me an E-mail saying he wasn't going to shoot the Wheel gun and was going to shoot his Tactical Tupper Ware instead <_<<_< Maybe he will regret it when he gets all these revolver shooters and it turns into a bigger division than that Plastic Division !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

C'mon June !!!!!!!

See Ya There !!!!

SAM

I'd point out that I don't even have a wheel gun, but one of you guys would offer one up for me to shoot, I'm sure. I'll just stick to what I know a little something about. :)

para45, saddle up those six guns and have some fun. And, be sure to thank Hopalong for this Major match being put together with 6 rounds in mind. (I got tired of hearing him talk about looking for 6 gun love. ;) )

Flex,

Ask and you shall recieve !!!!! ;)

I have a spare 625 set up exactly like my match gun, even shoots the same load in the same spot on the target !!!!!!! Major 170,000 PF

You may use my belt and holster but that would make you shoot on Saturday with me in my squad !!!!!!

OR

I have a 646 L frame with Titanium Cylinder that shoots .40 S&W set up for Minor 128,000 PF (more of what you are used to !!!) :lol:

Have blade-tech holster and enough moon clips and holders (found some)!!!!

OR

I have 610 you can use and shoot the afore mentioned Powder PUFF loads in.(less felt recoil as this is a heavy gun) ;)

Have Fist holster for USE for IDPA (or by a Production Master that is used to going back there for the gun) or we can quickly change over the CR speed rig to fit the 610 !!!!!

As for 6 gun love......(something We ALL need :):P:D:lol: )

Mentioned several different times in several different threads.......

It takes a different type of person and personallity to WANT to shoot revolver in USPSA !!! ;) You really should try it more often than just to get classified !!!! IT WON'T HURT !!!! I promise... :)

SAM

Hoppy,

Sounds to me like Flex is backpeddling. Do you think, maybe, he fears the wheel? :lol:

Flex,

I can also bring a 625 for you to borrow and can probably put together a belt, holster, and some clip holders for you to use.

You know Hoppy has to ride a mule for several hours just to get to a paved road so that he can make the trip to Ohio. It would make him so happy if you could shoot revolver. :D

Dave

OK the check(MO) is in the mail...Both me and my brother will be shooting the round guns. So if there is still room on Sam's squad we would like to get on. I just got six more shoot the moon clip holders today and with the two I already have I should be able to carry enough rounds to shoot the classifiers. This should be big time fun!!!! Later, John DVC

GREAT !!!!!!!!

The way I see it, you can't get enough revolver shooters !!!!!!!!

Flex, How many does that make ??????

if it turns out to 19 you HAVE to shoot one !!!!!! :huh::blink::wacko:

Looking forward to it, and more especially getting to meet more great BE.com members....

See ya'll there.

Hopalong

Hoppy,

I met several of Flexmoney's "friends and aquantances" this weekend at the Ky State match.

They implied that Mr. Flexmoney has an unnatural fear of the wheelgun and would be shooting some sort of bottomfeeder. :blink:

I'm not sure if they were his good friends.....

Dave

And, hey...quit trying to convert me...you guys are worse than those people selling flowers at the airport.  ;)

Could I interest you in a bag of oranges :huh: ? I have a nice set of encyclopedias you might like...who knew that's why dogs sniff each other? How about you let me try "this" on a small spot of your carpet?

Airedale, don't you dare get Jake interested in revolvers. I'm already embarrassing enough as it is!!! Besides, I've already tried to convert him... :lol: I think his head would explode if he had to reload every six.

...and giving your wife the high PF loads....tsk tsk tsk, and I thought I was competitive...that's hardcore man <_<

Redmist10,

Yea, she's still giving me grief about the PF and manhood,etc :(

She may soon be shooting her new (to Her) moonclipped 586. We'll see how that goes.

Less than a month to the Flexmoney Revolver Championships-it will be fun!

Dave

Flex, Kyle, or that feller who shoots a Glock pretty good :lol::lol::lol:

Could you tell us who is supposed to show up and shoot ????? (revolvers)

That way we can contact others that are not listed..... and maybe shame them into shooting ;)

Thanks !

SAM

You think ANDERSON would change divisions for a day ????? :P:P:P

Since YOU are RESISTING the true shooting Challenge !!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: :