Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Strong Mount Question

I have a Dillon Strong Mount I picked up several years ago hoping it would work with my 550B. It didn't. The holes front to back on the top of each of the two brackets are 3 5/16 inches center to center. Each bracket has 4 holes in the side. Does anyone know for which machine this mount was manufactured?

Maybe a 650 only Strong Mount? My 650 mount has only 4 holes vs my 550/650 mount that has I think 7. Still doesn't explain why it wouldn't fit, for press mounting purposes, the 550, since they share the other mount. You wouldn't be able to operate the 550 on the 650 mount as it's slightly shorter. Measure it's height. The 550/650 mount is 8 1/2", whereas the 650 only mount is 6".

Don't know, I have an original 550, not B, mounted directly to the bench. No issues. I use a strong mount on my SD.

image37352.jpg

Sorry to go off topic, but that's a nifty reloading setup you got there, especially with limited space.

3 5/16" is the spacing on my 650 mounting flange. Whats the space side to side at rear or front holes? I may be interested in it..

Daniel K

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question. The space side to side is flexible depending upon how far apart you space the two pieces.

3 5/16" is the spacing on my 650 mounting flange. Whats the space side to side at rear or front holes? I may be interested in it..

Daniel K

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question. The space side to side is flexible depending upon how far apart you space the two pieces.
Oh ok, I've never had a strong mount so I wasnt aware of that

Daniel K