Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any gun collectors in the house?

Neighbor inherited some old guns that are mostly probably junk but a few caught my eye.

Anybody here into the old gun collection/value side of the house? Or know somebody who is?

I really don't want to go to collector sites etc so any help I could get here would be much appreciated!

Thanks as always

Some pictures and information about individual weapons might generate some good estimates.

Most collectors will be knowledgeable about guns within a niche they are interested in but would be guessing about anything else.

Years ago a friend inherited his uncle's extensive (and expensive) collection. Several guns I was able to help out with values. Most I could not.

The only thing I was able to verify was the LGS that sold his uncle most of the guns and were willing to buy them back were trying to rip him off.

The one gem of the bunch is a 1903 colt .32 auto.

I was as able to dig up the year of manufacture as 1933. Looks like they can be in the $500 range.

As for the others I swear they are fake revolvers but they have rifled barrels ? They mostly have no serial numbers. One only says made in USA. None are shootable from what I can tell.

I'll post some pics later.

The revolvers are real guns from the late 1800's to possibly right before WW1.

Are they .32 caliber? (.32 S&W Short ?)

Both were budget handguns with little collector value there are a few Hopkins and Allen collectors out there.

The American Bulldog is a spin off of the British Bulldog. Inexpensive guns when new but someone out there would buy it for a shadow box or something.

Sarge, thank you for the photos. they are good.

flatlandshooter, Thank you for the comments.

they are also good.

I've been expecting to read a thread like this for many years

I feel like a kid in a candy store.

miranda