Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Been shooting matches for 15 years First DQ today

3gunnuts

Local informal IDPA style match. Start and fire 2 rounds each into 3 targets then retreat to cover and engage... Fired 6 rounds and turn to move back up range. Kept gun pointed downrange fine. When I tried to explode to cover. Basically did a burn out on the soft ground and peeled the top layer of thin grass off. Tried to get the second leg under but had the same issue. Managed to keep the gun indexed down range as I went down but I had to drop it from 6-8" to do so. I knew it was a DQ so I asked the SO to clear it. Gunned down and and kept score for the rest of the match.

Cursed myself for not wearing my my trail shoes which I usually shoot in. They are now in the trunk so I will have them for any match. I passed on wearing them as I was planning on shooting another location that is all loose sand like a beach and we have have contests on who has the most sand in their shoes at the end. I always win by at least twice as much as anyone else. SO was amazed I kept the gun pointed down range. Funny thing is I have been wondering lately when it was going to happen and WHAM.

i've seen some pretty major wipeouts where the shooters were able to safely manage their guns, happy to see that. good on you for continuing to help the rest of the match vs just checking out.

Given the circumstances, it sounds like there wasn't much that you could do. You managed the best you could.

It showed class when you adapted and helped with match operation.