Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trouble with 9mm 2011 mags.

Boxer1

I have trouble with some 9mm mags I have. The follower keeps getting stuck half way up the tube. I use Dawson followers in my 40 and they are perfect. Only problem is they only make a 38 Sup follower. Has anyone tried running 9mm with a DP 38 Sup follower? I have the STI and Spacer in the magazine currently. I have the Dawson mag tuning kit and I have worked the bodies and feed lips over I just can't seem to get the followers to work right.

The problem is the double stack area in the tube is too wide. .730-.760" between the control ribs is what is needed for 9mm/38 super/sc. Do some searching on how to properly squeeze them down some.

I agree with MrPostman. STI mags with spacers work OK with ammo loaded to 1.150 or shorter. I still had the occasional nosedive jam however. After switching to MBX mags, I can load out to 1.165 and reliability is excellent.

In my STI mags with spacers i can load up to 1.188 without any problems .

I use the D.A.A springs and followers .

That's strange. I'm using Grams 9mm followers and springs with TTI spacers in my STI Tubes and there's no way I could get anything that long in there. Pic below is with rounds at 1.165 and they have just a hair of clearance.

25rh8hv.jpg