Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vision Enhancing Contacts

chp5

They look interesting - but since I have to wear eye protection, anyhow, I might as well load the tint there. Seems like it might be more flexible, that way (I can easily swap tints, rather than having to have 3 or 4 pairs of contacts that I'd have to switch out on the range, and that wear out in 3 months or less...).

Now, if they could polarize 'em and offer 'em in an iridium tint....

The *best* eye performance enhancing contacts I ever found were RGPs... but they're not the most comfortable things in the world. Made the difference between seeing 9mm bullet holes in targets at 50 yards, and not seeing them, though - I had 20/15 w/ those suckers in. I stopped wearing them when I stopped shooting for 5 or so years, there... Back to the disposables :)

I would give them a try. I asked my eye doctor about polarized or photo grey contact lens. He said not in the near future. The chemical process is not suitable to put directly on your eye. They will show up eventually. :blink: TXAG

They look interesting - but since I have to wear eye protection, anyhow, I might as well load the tint there. Seems like it might be more flexible, that way (I can easily swap tints, rather than having to have 3 or 4 pairs of contacts that I'd have to switch out on the range

The article seems to state or imply that having the tint directly on the eye increases the performance as compared to glasses. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen . . . .

It would also filter sunlight that came over the top of your glases (assuming you don't wear a hat for that purpose).

It's not just the cornea that is susceptible to ultra-violet radiation. I would not use contacts as a replacement for sunglasses. Living in Colorado the UV rate is about 53% higher than at sea-level (UV increases at 10% per 1000 feet) so I wear sunglasses even when it's cloudy.

But then I'm more used to sea-level; I lived in Portsmouth and Southampton for 32 years, right near the big blue wet thing... :)

Moderator Edit: Thanks for the link to the existing topic. (I merged them.) I'm going to nominate you for Special Moderator for Existing Topics.

Edited by Erik Warren