Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Companies That Don't Answer E Mail

If you have a "CONTACT ME" button on the web site, you should at least have someone checking the e mail.

If the company doesn't want e mail, 'DON'T ASK FOR IT

Not always shooting related either. I have customers e mail me 7 days a week. It is easier to e mail than to try to get me on a phone ;) I always answer so they know I want their business, Too bad others don't do it too :ph34r:

Ditto, I mailed a long time ago a very well known and respected IPSC gun manufacturer asking them specific questions about their products and they never answered me. It's like you say, I don't expect special treatment, but if they have a "contact" mail, they should check it and answer the mails they get.

On the other side of the coin, kudos to STI (specially to Pauletta Skinner), they always answered every mail I sent them, and very quickly too.

Right on! That has happened to me alot (is it me?) and I never do business with them again. It is weird, they are in business right? Your business is important to their continued existence, right? Your referrals mean alot, right? Those referrals referrals who refer etc. , right? I like the people you don't hear from, then out of the blue they email you with an apology and a number to call them directly to make it right. Whoa, that goes a long ways. Cause lets face it, we are, as a whole, people who spend alot of money on this sport, more so than almost any other in a lifetime so already we are edgy out of the gate :lol:

At the same time, you can't expect someone to be sitting in front of computer all the time. But they can at least check and reply to e-mails once a day.

I know I rely on e-mail more than a phone. Even at the company I work for, we e-mail each other even though we might only be 10 feet away.

E-mail's still new to lots of places (pedants may object only if they supply a functional UUCP address). I bet a lot of them got a 'web site package' because somebody told them they needed one. What's a reasonable time to answer? 1 day? 3 days? 3 weeks? That ought to be included with the contact-us info.

I suspect a lot of us have inflated expectations for e-mail delivery and response times.. Somewhere I have instructions from our large corporate IT department telling us that in order to be efficient, we should only check our e-mail first thing in the morning, right after lunch and right before going home. Ha.

What's a reasonable time to answer?  1 day?  3 days?  3 weeks? 

Common courtesy tells me 2 days is acceptable but NEVERis not thus the reason for the thread.

A request for information or a question on the product the company manufactures, requires a response even if it is "I don't know the answer",

I always follow up by repeating the question a couple days later in case they did not get the first.

I repeat, if they don't want to check the e mail, ask for telephone calls only. Then while I am working as a self employed sole proprietor, I will add to my cell bill and call them or I will go elsewhere. My time is just as important as theirs is (actually my time is more important to me) That is why I check e mail AM and PM and reply.

Common courtesy is gone from the business world I fear.

Regards,

People who decide to start accepting business correspondence over the internet NEED to take it seriously. I'mn fully in agreement with the gripe, and I'll offer the simple formula.

If you read your postal mail every day and answer your phone every day, check your e-mail every day.

If you are running the kind of business where you take more than 24 hours to get back to people, make it clear in your answering machine message and set up an email autoresponder that says the same thing on your email account. Or at the very least state the time it may take you to get back to someone on your web page. where you have your contact info.

It's that simple. Customers will be very understanding, usually, provided things are communicated clearly and up front. Customers only have so much good will, don't go wasting it on something as easy to cover yourself on as this.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Glock magwell over 2 weeks ago from a Glock supplier in Scottsdale, Arizona. I emailed them a couple days ago just to see if they had received it, no response. Called them today and got nothing but attitude and was told they'd look into it, still no callback. I apologize for being a burden to you by buying your product. :D