Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge Update from June BoD Minutes

ZackJones

The President gave an update on the status of IT team and committee work on SCSA items. SCSA New Classification Engine

PST's have been revised and are being reviewed by DNROI for final approval. Classification calculation engine is

working pretty well. Some known bugs still exist but the programmer is aware of them and fixing them, anticipating

a July/August release. Rule book has been revised and sent to DNROI for review, once DNROI has completed rule

book review, it will be put out to members for comment in July and then changes incorporated in August. DNROI

and SC committee to work out final details at WSSC and go live date of September 1, 2016.

The first part is now complete as I posted earlier. DNROI and USPSA President have reviewed and approved the PST's.

I'm doing testing on the classification look up page to validate it's calculating results correctly.

Rule book - Once DNROI completes his review I'm sure I'll have to make some tweaks and then it will be put out for comment.

Our plan is for DNROI and I to work through any outstanding issues at WSSC. Hopefully there won't be many issues for us to resolve.

If you know there's something that should be addressed in it that's not addressed very well now please let me know so I can check to see if it's covered or not.

It would be nice if they were ready to start issuing new membership cards when the classification system went live or very shortly thereafter ...

Agreed but we're not holding up classification for some fancy cards :).

Nor would it be good to wait 6 months to get them ... Whatever they look like ... Any what's wrong with 'fancy' cards ... Bout time we got some Bing in the sport if we want yo attract anybody but, old, fat, ugly shooters ...:)

Nor would it be good to wait 6 months to get them ... Whatever they look like ... Any what's wrong with 'fancy' cards ... Bout time we got some Bing in the sport if we want yo attract anybody but, old, fat, ugly shooters ... :)

Define "old"?

I'm curious what makes these cards "fancy" vs. the old ones? I like that USPSA mails out a new card as soon as the classification changes, which could be multiple times in a year. If a fancy card means a more expensive one so that we only get one per year, then I'd consider continuing to hang around the old, fat, and ugly (but with beer goggle potential) shooters.

I like paper as much as the next person, but in this day and age does it make sense to send out a new card every time a classification changes? Membership card I can understand somewhat, but classification can be found pretty easy online. Seems like an opportunity to save a buck or two.