Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is the best sight recomendation?

Gabulldog91

I have a S&W e-series 1911 that I have been running in SS for a little bit. So far i have everything done I wanted to do expect sights. I don't Necessarily hate the factory sights because I have gotten use to them but I think its time for change. What are some sights that y'all would recommend?

I rarely look at mine.

When I do, I like the Lightning Manny dot from Brazos guns www.1911store.com It has a very small fiber, and narrow front sight (.070). I also changed the rear sight to a .115 opening (Wilson has a cool sight with different blades) as I found it hard to align the narrow front sight with the wide opening.

I've shot the Dawson on a glock 34 I use to shoot in limited and i really liked them. I was just worried I wouldn't fit the box with such a tall sight on the gun with the obscene mag-well I have. If I was to go dawson I was also wondering what Color would be best? I really like the Green but have never shot the Orange before.

+1 for Dawsons, as far as the color of the fiber optic it is really personal preference. I was a die hard red user until a few months ago and switched to the green. Switching it up seemed to draw my eye to that strange thing on the front of the gun. Now if I could figure out what it is for???

Definitely like the Dawson .100 fiber front. I prefer green. I have factory adjustable rear on one gun and like it, the other I put the Dawson in front and a 10-8 in back (.140 opening iirc) and it's too hard to center it up fast w so much room. I'm thinking about swapping it out

Red

+1 on Dawson's, Plus, if you get the sight set, they guarantee POA = POI. If not they will replace front sight free of charge. They even state that if they do not have the correct size, they will make one for you. Never used the guarantee, but it is a pretty awesome one.

perfect-impact-policy.jpg?t=1440019909Save

Edited by Jimk60